What height rings?!
Join Today

What height rings?!

I have Remington 700 Tactical, I have a 20 MOA EGW bass. I have an Ares BTR with a 50 mm objective. What height rings do I need to run, I’m sure someone has the same set-up. TIA

High rings,usually medium works to 42 mm after that usually go high.

I like to have the scope as close to the line of the bore as possible (Better for line of sight to bore convergence), but if you can not try a few different size rings to see what will work for you then I would agree that you need High Rings. My experience is the High for one make may not be the same for another. I am also a big fan of Signature Zee Rings by Burris and if you call their customer service department, they will help answer your question as I would guess all the other ring manufacturers will also.

Were are you located? I always have unmounted rings around and have helped a number of guys check needed ring height. Maybe someone where you shoot also has a stash you can try before you buy?

If you have a local gunsmith or quality gun shop, they can probably help you too.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    I like to have the scope as close to the line of the bore as possible (Better for line of sight to bore convergence), but if you can not try a few different size rings to see what will work for you then I would agree that you need High Rings. My experience is the High for one make may not be the same for another. I am also a big fan of Signature Zee Rings by Burris and if you call their customer service department, they will help answer your question as I would guess all the other ring manufacturers will also.

Were are you located? I always have unmounted rings around and have helped a number of guys check needed ring height. Maybe someone where you shoot also has a stash you can try before you buy?

If you have a local gunsmith or quality gun shop, they can probably help you too.

Bob
    I totally agree with Bob. I too have used Burris Signature Zee rings for many years. You should be happy will them and never have ring marks on any of your scopes..

Hi jdvig,

A warm welcome to the 700 rifle forum.

Visit often.

Also keep in mind that with a 20 MOA base, you are tilting the front of the scope towards the barrel to get more elevation of the actual projectile path. Depending on how you have the eye relief set, this will also effect where your objective lens is sitting.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York