• 1 Post By Ranch41
  • 1 Post By Freefloat
  • 1 Post By rkittine
  • 1 Post By DRAGON64
  • 1 Post By Winxp_Man
  • 1 Post By TTLongRifle

Thread: New Member from California

New Member from California

Hello and yes, there are still some 2a supportive people in Cali. I have been shooting since the early 1980s and have been reloading for just as long. I gave up bird hunting and now just concentrate on target shooting. My last 2 rifles have been Rem 700s in .308 and 30-06. Our range only goes out to 300 yds but my rifles are quite accurate. My next rifle is going to be a 300 Win Mag and I hope to gain some valuable information as well as opinions from this group.

Thanks for the add.
    DRAGON64 likes this.

Welcome Ranch41
    Ranch41 likes this.

Welcome Ranch ........ Nice to have a new member. We look forward to your input.

Bob
    Ranch41 likes this.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum!
    Ranch41 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranch41 View Post
    Hello and yes, there are still some 2a supportive people in Cali. I have been shooting since the early 1980s and have been reloading for just as long. I gave up bird hunting and now just concentrate on target shooting. My last 2 rifles have been Rem 700s in .308 and 30-06. Our range only goes out to 300 yds but my rifles are quite accurate. My next rifle is going to be a 300 Win Mag and I hope to gain some valuable information as well as opinions from this group.

Thanks for the add.
    Welcome Ranch41 from California! I myself, am also from Cali. Yea I know laws do such and homeless sure are messing up this state. But still beautiful for the most part. One of these days I might be up in ID.
    Ranch41 likes this.
    shoot to kill not wound !

Firearm Pimp

Hello from MD

Welcome.

We both live with firearm unfriendly states. At least you have a chance to get a CCP if you live in a sheriff friendly area. Here it is state run and in effect is a may issue system. We can still buy ammo without a permit but since MD tends to follow CA we'll see. We have a HQL that is required to buy a handgun. I think the purpose is to make firearm ownership more expensive for young people.

I've seen some of your state owned ranges on the central coast and they are awesome. One went out to about 800 yards with the final 500 yards going up a mountain. The cost is reasonable and they supply targets, ...

Wayne
    Ranch41 likes this.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I’m not sure of this new generation embracing 2A but with all the weapons I see my grandson playing on Fortnight there may be some hope. I think when they actually handle a long range rifle they can relate.