Hey all, I’m TJ from Delaware
Join Today

Hey all, I’m TJ from Delaware

I’ve been in the shooting sports world for quite awhile. I used to compete in Action Pistol, some IPSC and a few IDPA matches. I worked for a gun shop for 3 years where I became an NRA handgun instructor and taught a basic pistol class. Pistol was always my forte and love shooting carbines but just recently bought my first bolt action. I just got a Remington 700 ADL in black 24” bbl. The scope I ordered came in today actually. A Vortex Diamondback 4-16 x 44 FFP EBR-2C MOA Reticle. All I need is my Vortex pro series rings to get here to mount it. I’m super excited to learn this new discipline and share with y’all my experiences!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum from here in Alabama! What caliber is your new 700 chambered in? Looking forward to reading more about experiences with the new rifle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum from New York. I pass through Delaware a lot of the way to see my daughter and grand daughter in North Carolina.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON64 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from here in Alabama! What caliber is your new 700 chambered in? Looking forward to reading more about experiences with the new rifle.
    Oh crap I meant to put that in the introduction lol. It’s a .308

You should meet Dale and I up at Trout Run, PA to shoot some 1,000 yard.

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Quote Originally Posted by TJefferson86 View Post
    I’ve been in the shooting sports world for quite awhile. I used to compete in Action Pistol, some IPSC and a few IDPA matches. I worked for a gun shop for 3 years where I became an NRA handgun instructor and taught a basic pistol class. Pistol was always my forte and love shooting carbines but just recently bought my first bolt action. I just got a Remington 700 ADL in black 24” bbl. The scope I ordered came in today actually. A Vortex Diamondback 4-16 x 44 FFP EBR-2C MOA Reticle. All I need is my Vortex pro series rings to get here to mount it. I’m super excited to learn this new discipline and share with y’all my experiences!

We have very similar history, IPSC, did years of that and a bit of IDPA , shot Open class in USPSA (IPSC) I then had some medical issues that made me stop pistol and move to rifle, Benchrest, F/class then Hunter Class/Varmint for score, so now at 73 I'm not competing anymore, just plinking, so what type of discipline do you have in mind with your rem 700 308, love the 308, there are so many good competitions for rifle, good people just like USPSA.

Welcome, TJ! New here as well and glad to see lots of useful discussions around.

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

Hi TJefferson86,

A warm welcome to the 700 Rifle forum.

Visit often.