New Member optics help “Magpul 700 6.5
Join Today
    bun

New Member optics help “Magpul 700 6.5

Hi everyone, I just purchased Magpul 700 6.5. 22” Got it for a good price at basspro $699 😁 Looking for optic to mount.

I have a r700 sps 30-06 with a Leupold VX-2 3x9x40 for hunting.

This gun will be for trying to get out to 500-1000yds “newbie” possible in the future for hunt.

Been researching and reviews. Narrowing it down to Vortex/ PST, HST(saw some prices around $500) and Diamondback tactical Put it on a 20moa rail...??

What’s your guys opinion and have you had any experience with these optics.

*No pics at the moment still waiting for the call to go pick up🙏.

Congratulations on the new purchase. If you are going to shoot 500-1,000 yards get a good scope. You need to have a broad range variable, but it has to be clear, good parallax adjustment and keep the same POI from shot to shot. On some days you will need to crank it was down to get rid of mirage and on others want full power to see the targets more clearly at those ranges.

I would not use less than a 8X32 for that kind of shooting. Before you plunk down $500.00 on a new scope, go to a place like www.AccurateShooter.com and search for used scopes for sale.

The scopes on my factory rifles all cost more than the rifles. For benchrest shooting, on my custom rifles, from 100 yards to 1,000 all my scopes are Nightforce, Sightron or Marsh.

Enjoy, Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Hi bun,

A warm welcome to the 700 Rifle forum.

Visit often.