New member from Maine. - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New member from Maine.

7.5 HP Scott Atwater!

Haven’t heard that since the 1960’s! My dad had the outboard but no boat. We would rent a boat and use the engine.

My experience in Maine is limited to the South Portland area. It’s too cold up there for this Southern boy!
    appleseed likes this.
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

Yep, Scott Atwater with "Bail-O-Matic"

I still love Nunan's Lobster Pound and the Chart Table Restaurant at the Cape Porpoise Commercial Dock. There used to be a restaurant across from the Fire-Department called the Wayfarer that I loved. I think it is a gift shop now. I have a painting of it hanging in my house, which I will have to post some time. Same for the painting I have of the Kennybunkport Sign post with all the arrows pointing to the local attactions.

Spent many a early December there for Winter Prelude too.

Now I get up into the area with my seaplane from time to time and actually will be flying up tomorrow to pick up lobsters for a Lobster Party I am throwing on Monday. At $4.00 a pound off the commercial dock, I can cover the fuel and still save a bunch.

Bob
    Last edited by rkittine; 08-22-2020 at 04:15 PM.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

The winter prelude is always great if the temp. is above 0! The wife and I like going up to Federal Jack's in Kennebunkport.
    The view of the river is better than the food! With the virus going around it's not to crowded this summer. I had a buddy from N.Y. come up last month. I took him over to the York river where lobster are cheap this time of year. 13 lobster for $60.00 buck's! You cant beat that with a stick. From the boat to the pot in about 1 hour!

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

About to leave for the airport. I should be airborne by 9:30 and back around 2:00. I brought 300 lobsters back one year, this time I am only getting 100 or so. Into Sanford where they lend me a van to head to the commercial dock in the Port and where I can buy them wholesale from the lobstermen.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Safe trip! Save some lobster for us local folk!

The price had gone up, $4.30 per pound, but still better than the $19.95 they are charging here per pound for 1 1/4 pounders.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

The cheapest I've ever seen up here was $229.00. The wife and I enjoyed the lobster that summer! I think it was 2014. The most lobster harvested since the early 1950's!

Never been to Maine,but I kinda like the music....haha.
    appleseed likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12