New member from Maine.
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New member from Maine.

New member from Maine.

Long time lurker here. Lot's of great info on the Remington 700. I've had Remington rifle's for about 30 year's now. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about Remington bolt action in general. I have a few 700's and one old 722 in 222. I'm lefty so it's not easy to find rifle's specify for us wrong handed people!
    Once I figure out how to post photo's I'll post a few of my rifle.
    Thank you gentelman

Welcome to the forum. Do we call you "Johnny"?

Look forward to seeing some of your 700s. I am also left handed, but have been shooting rifles right handed since I was a little kid. Probably would have a hard time shooting left handed if I tried.

Glad you stopped lurking and are now part of the group. Look forward to your input and experiences.

Bob
    appleseed likes this.
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Yes sir, I'm Johnny, I was born and raised out on Long Island. Patchogue Medford. I use to spend a lot of time in the Sag Harbor area. Lot's of fishing back in the day!
    Moved up to Maine a few year's back. There is a lot less people and the fishing is good! I guess you do your shooting at the Calverton range. That's where I would go every sat. morning for year's. Thanks' for the welcome rkittine!
    Last edited by appleseed; 08-21-2020 at 07:24 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum Johnny.
    appleseed likes this.

Thank you sir!

The Sand Pit as it is called, or the Calverton Range, is one that I stay away from. I have shot at the private club in the Calverton area, in Winding River. Calverton has turned into a bunch of crazies that just want to blast off thousands of rounds of 5.6mm, many of which in my opinion, should not be allowed to own a gun no less shoot it.

I shoot rifles at Maidstone Gun Club, my home club, as well as at Peconic Sportsmens and Brookhaven. Also am a member and shoot at Cherry Ridge in New Jersey, Mid-Jersey gun club and Williamsport.

I spent part of each summer for 38 years in Maine all in Kennybunkport.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    The Sand Pit as it is called, or the Calverton Range, is one that I stay away from. I have shot at the private club in the Calverton area, in Winding River. Calverton has turned into a bunch of crazies that just want to blast off thousands of rounds of 5.6mm, many of which in my opinion, should not be allowed to own a gun no less shoot it.
    Thanks for that image, makes me a little more thankful for the cast bullet shooters we have!
    "If we open a quarrel between the past and the present we shall find that we have lost the future.”
    Winston Churchill

I lived in lower village Kennebunk for a few year's. The beach's are great there. I'm 15 min. south of there now. We had several great white shark's near the shore in Well's last week. If you swim out more than 25 yard's the lifeguard's will not help if your if your in distress. If you get attacked by a great white your on your own! I'm sure you heard about the women getting killed by a great white up here last month. She was from N.Y. City. Anyway once I figure out how to post photo's I'll do so!
    Happy Shooting sir!

Just goes to prove that the only reason for less shark attackes in cold water is not that sharks don't like cold water, but people tend not too. I spent my first few years staying in Cape Porpoise at the Langford House on Langford Avenue. Just like a hotel out of Dirty Dancing. On the water. Cape Porpoise was a great place for a young boy to gunk hole in a small row boat. I have a 14' wooden row boat with a 7.5 HP Scott Atwater outboard. When the Langford house closed we started staying at the Colony on Ocean Avenue in The Port. I met George W. who's grandmother lived next door way before either Bush became president and before any issues scuba diving for lobsters off of Walker's Point. I was 10 and he was 12 and I can remember going shark fishing with drop lines out of that 14' row boat with Richard and George. Ony got sand sharks, but they were flopping around in that little boat with the three of us. The stupid things you do as a kid. My grand parents took my parents and then me and then my parents took me and my daughter and I am looking forward to taking my grand daughter once things get back to normal, assuming they do in my lifetime.

Started my shooting when I was 8 and BB guns were OK. Would shoot crabs in the tidal pools at low tide.

I still love to sail the coast of Maine.

Bob
    appleseed likes this.
    Robert Kittine

Maine is quite a beautiful state! I was in Cape Porpoise last week, Bradbury's grocery store is the only place that has Boar's head cold cut's. The worst part of living here is the winter's! Last winter was great! We didn't have to much snow to deal with! I'm over near Mt A. if you are familiar with the area. The best part of living in a rural area is that I can grab my rifle and walk across the street to the wood's and enjoy some shooting! Enjoy your weekend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast