Hello, new member from NY here.
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hello, new member from NY here.

Hello, new member from NY here.

I just joined this forum to get ideas and tips from you Remington 700 guys. Thanks in advance.

Welcome from a Fellow New Yorker. So where in New York do you hale from?

Bob
    Robert Kittine
    Sag Harbor and Manhattan, New York

Bob,
    I am in northern westchester. Near Somers.

4. Remove Advertisements
    700Rifle.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum
    Stogher likes this.

Thank you

Jump in and share you Remington 700 Experiences or any of your shooting history. We are in the process of putting new life in the forum, so don't be shy.

Where do you shoot? When I am in Manhattan I go up to Orange County or over to New Jersey to Cheery Ridge, where I belong.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Jump in and share you Remington 700 Experiences or any of your shooting history. We are in the process of putting new life in the forum, so don't be shy.

Where do you shoot? When I am in Manhattan I go up to Orange County or over to New Jersey to Cheery Ridge, where I belong.

Bob
    Bob,
    I am a newbie here! One of the 8M new gun owners. Hunted with a .22 for small game and shotgun for birds when I was young. Long time ago. I always thought about getting back into it but, work, kids, NYC restrictions, now NYS restrictions just kept me away. I finally bit the bullet now and will keep the momentum going.

Where are you shooting now? I shoot on Long Island at my home club in East Hampton, one club in Southampton, One in Manorville and one in Brookhaven. In New Jersey I am a member of Cherry Ridge Gun Club (it is near Bob White's place, 47 miles from my apartment in Manhattan) and in Pennsylvania two clubs, the farthest the "Original PA 1,000 Yard Bench Rest Club" in Williamsport (Troup Run) PA. They run a great benchrest school every June. We should get together and do some shooting.

Bob
    Robert Kittine

Hi Stogher,

A warm welcome to the 700 Rifle forum.

Visit often.

Quote Originally Posted by rkittine View Post
    Where are you shooting now? I shoot on Long Island at my home club in East Hampton, one club in Southampton, One in Manorville and one in Brookhaven. In New Jersey I am a member of Cherry Ridge Gun Club (it is near Bob White's place, 47 miles from my apartment in Manhattan) and in Pennsylvania two clubs, the farthest the "Original PA 1,000 Yard Bench Rest Club" in Williamsport (Troup Run) PA. They run a great benchrest school every June. We should get together and do some shooting.

Bob
    Bob,
    As a newbie, I'm hoping to get my rifle assembled and range ready so I can sight it in. I decided to go with the Harris Series S Model LM 9-13 Bipod. Vortex Strike Eagle 4-24 X 50 Scope. I purchased a 0 MOA and 20 MOA rails.
    Looking for a good gun cleaning kit and I should be up and running.
    Ammo seems to be a huge problem and not getting any better. I was on every online seller and am on a waitlist. No one has any 6.5 Creedmoor ammo. GB has it but the pricing is insane!! Hoping to get my hands on some I back ordered a few weeks ago.
    I was hoping to go to a range with an instructor for the first time and make sure I learn the correct habits first!
    Once I am comfortable with the rifle, I will definitely be looking for ranges to go to. A buddy has a small range on his land for target shooting, I may start there as a option.
    Thanks for the info, I am 50 miles north of manhattan Putnam / Westchester county line.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast