Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We all had a lot of fun today at Desert Sportsman! Kurt Stone (www.lvsteeltargets.com) puts on a great local match. We had a few different clubs shooting today, Arizona Long Range Precision, Nor Cal Precision, and Sin City Precision. We also had gangs of talented marksmen enjoying some time behind their rifles. Dane had the best showing from Sin City Precision @ 4th place. Local shooter "Will the Drill" took 1st place.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Looking good Joe :)

I can see what looks like your rifle on the gun rack did you shoot to? Or you just that the picks ?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Looking good Joe :)

I can see what looks like your rifle on the gun rack did you shoot to? Or you just that the picks ?
Yesterday was 8 weeks to the day of the accident so I was okay to shoot. I didn't do very well. I have a lot of work to do to get my shooting back up to par. This match for me was both sobering and humbling. lol

It was a good test for my Alpha Industries & Manufacturing 10 round type-1 magazines though. I used them in the match and they performed perfectly!

http://www.alphaindmfg.com/index.html

I had a rough match but thoroughly enjoyed myself out there with everyone. I have a lot of work to do on both my shoulder and my shooting. This is definitely a perishable skill. I look forward to getting in gear and getting my physical condition and shooting back up to par.

I wanted to report back to you guys that my Alpha Industries & Manufacturing 10 round type-1 magazines performed flawlessly during the match. The type-1 allows for a COAL of 2.85" which is perfect because the COAL on my 6.5 Creedmoor load is 2.82". Alpha magazines are 100% American made in Southern California. I highly recommend them!

Several years of listening to shooters and manufactures has resulted in a brand new magazine line that reflects high standards and great quality. The flagship of the Alpha line is the (10) ten round 308 caliber magazine. This magazine was developed to serve as an alternative to the AICS type magazine. This magazine incorporates a double stack, single feed design and measures just 3.5 inches in length. This shallow profile allows for easier magazine change outs while in a low shooting position.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I like that range, I shoot most of the time out in a desert area N of Apex just south of Area 51, LOL.

Scummerlin sux, Seven Hills RAWKS!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts