Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what I was able to pull of at 200 yards with federal 175 SMK factory rounds. I didn't have time to reload last night and this CRAZY PRICED ammo ran me 40.04 for 20 rounds :mad:
I'm not to fond of the federal ammo but had to try the 200 yard today.

I ran 1 shot way low for the very first shot then shot a group of 4 shots.
The bigger group is the first try, and I had to do some adjustments so thats why is was spread out so much.
Then I shot the last five rounds I had at the lower sticker which measured out at .762 :D

Here is the 100 yard while sighting it in AGAIN cause I changed the scope rings to lows from mediums. I was mostly trying to chrono the rounds rather than shoot for groups.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I like the 4 shot 3/4" group @ 200yds.....good shooting! Man what were you thinking paying $40+ for 20 rounds of factory stuff.....OUCH! :(

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
308isgreat said:
I like the 4 shot 3/4" group @ 200yds.....good shooting! Man what were you thinking paying $40+ for 20 rounds of factory stuff.....OUCH! "God keep my soldier safe in Afghanistan who is defending all of our freedoms we love!"

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 & 870 Express Noveske N4 AR-15 Ruger 10/22T
Ruger .357 Blackhawk Ruger .22 single six 3 screw Walther PPK/S Glock 21 .45

Actually that group is five shots believe it or not :D I shot a total of ten rounds at 200. As for the ammo I was going to buy the 19.99 Federal 168 SMK but they were out of stock and I had to get my gun sighted in because I was at work all day and never had a chance to do some reloads. This was all because I went out on a hunting trip today so I guess I paid the price. Its all good. Thanks for the compliments :D

jerrschmitt said:
I went shooting today and your 200 yard groups look better than my 100 yard groups. Good job!
Thanks

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice work mate. I shot about 14rds at 400m on steel. 13/14 rds on target. shot first round, missed, adjusted, on target. Thats the way it should be. I'm going to make some more targets that will hold 4" clay targets. I need something more difficult. The steel plate was about 8x6" though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts