Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These were shot when i was a bit jittery(dont drink coffee often). My hand loads through my 700pss(.308) W/aics. could be better but not to bad.:)
Dont pay any attention to the sticky tabs. I was using the measure the width subtract the caliber method at first.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robo said:
Nice shooting! What do you normally shoot off of the caffeine?!?
Most days i group about like the top set. Im fairly demanding from myself and my rifle, Im not happy with anything over a 1/2 minute. Right now im working with some new loads so hopefuly I can keep it around a 1/4 minute average.

·
Registered
190 Posts
NICE SHOOTING, WHAT WAS YOUR RECIPE?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What Im working with right now is...
HRNDY 168 BTHP MATCH
41.0gn IMR 4064
FED 210M
REMMY BRASS sized/trimmed to 2.008
COAL 2.805

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
really nice shooting there bro keep it up :D
I did notice in the last trip I took to the range which was this last saturday that 210m's work better with 4064 vs Varget. anyone else notice a primer powder mixture that works better like that ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Winxp_Man said:
really nice shooting there bro keep it up
I did notice in the last trip I took to the range which was this last saturday that 210m's work better with 4064 vs Varget. anyone else notice a primer powder mixture that works better like that ?
Last edited by Winxp_Man (Today 10:14: AM)
shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
Since ive had this rifle this is the only load combo ive fired through it. Ive adjusted powder charge, and CL/COAL but other than that i have'nt changed a thing. When I first started these loads i was at 1 minute grouping, the more ive tweaked the tighter they've gotten. Right now they are awesome, and my groups will shrink again when i lighten up my 5lb trigger. Chris

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
cobretr said:
Winxp_Man said:
really nice shooting there bro keep it up
Last edited by Winxp_Man (Today 10:14: AM)
shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
Since ive had this rifle this is the only load combo ive fired through it. Ive adjusted powder charge, and CL/COAL but other than that i have'nt changed a thing. When I first started these loads i was at 1 minute grouping, the more ive tweaked the tighter they've gotten. Right now they are awesome, and my groups will shrink again when i lighten up my 5lb trigger. Chris

This is true the more you play with the loads the better the groups you will end up with. also the trigger for sure will help you groups at 5lbs thats a little to much!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts