Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Why not try the 300 Win Mag? This will easily get to 1500 and even past that with the 210 A-Max Hornady bullet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are serious about long range shooting then look at the 7MM 08. I did and I'm shooting 5 ~ 7 inch groups at 1,000 yds with 160, 162 and 168 grains bullets.
Other shooters are devastingly accurate with 140 gr AMAX at 600yds. Less recoil and great deer and antelope hunting.
I have posted a You Tube video on this site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J4Hy1zfT7Y

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hey Viper I say go for it with the 30-06.

I shoot the .300WM and it's a pussy cat round especially with a brake, but .308 and .300wm have been done to death. 30-06 used to be our sniper caliber during vietnam so it's more than capable. It'd be nice to see something different. Maybe some tiger stripe camo?

Reactions: thornblom

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
120 Posts
Remington has a new rifle out that is just what y'all are looking for, the Remington 700 Long Range in .30-06. 26" non fluted heavy barrel with 1 turn in 10 inch twist rate, and a B&C M40 stock for a price of around $789 US. I have on and I love it.

Sincerely,
Dave (Bubba) Thornblom

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Viper. Which accushot monopod is that? Did you get the adapter or did it fit straight on the swivel stud?
it fit straight :) :)

A little tip for for those of you that use the Accushot Monopods. I have a couple, one that fits the sling swivel stud and a rail mount. I wanted a little more side/side stability so I put a rubber tip on it that was designed for a "Walker". Sprayed a little WD-40 on the monopod and stuck the Walker tip on.

To keep it from gripping the concrete of our club's shooting bench I just put a piece of paper towel, a business card, etc under it. On dirt it's no issue.

Gives me a wider base for the monipod and steadies up the rifle as if it was nestled in a couple of sandbags.

Love the monopods. Make it super easy to get set up on a target then take your "natural position" behind the rifle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts