Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys wondering if anyone has had or heard of any manufacturing issues with the model 700 .300 wsm titanium rifle?
reason i am asking is because i purchased one earlier this year outfitted it with a Swarvorski 3-12x45 scope and could not get the rifle to shoot accuratley at 100 - 200 - 300 yards i tried various ammo brands and grains, seriously i have receipts for over $500.00 just in ammo.
I finally (and probaly should have done this first) called Remmington and was told to send the rifle back for inspection i documented the serial number & sent the rifle back and about a month later it was returned....long story short i could throw a wiffle ball straighter then this thing would shoot.
Once again I called Remmington and this time spoke to a gentleman in the "custom shop" i explained the issues and told him "do whatever needs to be done to get this rifle right".
Two months passed and just as I was about to inquire about the status on the rifle it showed up on my front porch, but this time it was a brand new rifle (different serial #) no explanation, just a new gun.
Well this one shots awesome with the Remmington Core-Lok 150 grain, so I am happy but an explantion from Remmington would have been nice.
Everyone I tell the story too says "they (Remmington) must know there was a problem with the rifles if the sent you a new one no questions asked" so again I am just wondering if anyone else has had such an issue with their rifles from Remmington?

·
Registered
57 Posts
You got a lemon.
It happens.
A good company will catch 99% of guns like the one you ended up with, before a customer gets it.
You just happened to have bought that 1% that they didn't catch.
Yes, it was a bit rude of them not to offer an explaination, but that would be admitting liability of some sort, and that just doesn't happen now days!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts