Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
New member here
Hopefully I am posting in the correct section.

After being passed around in the family for a bit I inherited my late uncles M700 in .375 RUM.
I discovered that somehow the extractor was broken off the bolt. I was hoping to find a replacement but can not seem to find anything anywhere.
I had the rifle at my local smith for several months and they said they found an extractor but no rivets. I understand parts are hard to find after the bankruptcy, but I figured I would take a stab in the dark and see if anyone my be able to point me in a good direction.
for now I am making due with popping the spent case out with a rod.

I plan on keeping the rifle in the family especially because I have a lot of ammo and reloading equipment for it.

Thank for any advice

Clay

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried calling Remington? I'd think someone somewhere would have a replacement. Also, a decent machine shop may be able to hook you up.
Yes, but I have not received a response.
Ill try calling and see if I can get ahold of a liver person.

I think Ill see if I can get one of the extractors from the smith and find a shop like you suggested.

Thanks

· Administrator
726 Posts
Pacific Tool and Gage has extractors. They do not have rivets. Unfortunately, the riveted extractor is old production and RemArms is not currently using the design. I doubt that they will be of any help. You have a couple of options. You can have the bolt modified and have either a M16 or Sako style extractor installed. There are kits available and some gunsmiths that do this work.

Another option is to join Shooters Forum and post this question. There is a member there that is an expert gunsmith that may be able to help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts