Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys ive been reading lots of good stuff on this site for a couple months now. Very informative and relative material from alot of nice helpful people. I'been shooting for most of my life but got the long range shooting bug a couple years ago. Recently got my reloading set up to do some long range stuff and never new what i was missing untill gunpimp69 got into reloading. I've got my eye on the sps tactical in .308 specifically for loading/long range shooting. So if anyone would like to show the results from some of their hand loads or factory at 400yd plus it would be greatly appreciated because we al like the long stuff!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I can post 400 yards and beyond when the weather gets good :D I have shot at that kind of distance but never really kept record or shot for groups.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ok Im officially part of some long range shooting................

Here is what I did with my remmy 700 SPS Tac in 308 with reloads

This is at 534 yards what my range finder picked up

·
Registered
600 Posts
Went out with my buddies this morning to confirm dope for a match in Arizona. We started @ 700 yards and worked our way back to 1050 yards. We had two steel targets that we set up 50 yards apart and moved back 100 yards at a time. Targets dimensions are 25"x15"

Conditions were great today!

Temp. 58
Humid. 39.7
D.P. 29.7
Baro. 27.02"
Alt. 2,768
Alt. Dens. 3,275

View from 1050, the picture came out really crappy. I apologize, if you can make it out the target on left is @ 1k yards and the second @ 1050 yards.

750 yards

1050 yards

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
You just had to ruin my bragging post huh ? hahahahahaha

Nice stuff I have to wait until the spring to do that kind of shooting good stuff though :D

·
Registered
600 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
You just had to ruin my bragging post huh ? hahahahahaha

Nice stuff I have to wait until the spring to do that kind of shooting good stuff though :D
Nah, just sharing. We go out shooting long range almost every weekend. I probably won't get to shoot the next couple weekends because I'm going to be wandering around SHOT show like a kid in a candy store.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry win_xp i didnt mean anything by the word "long range" its just that while looking for info on that sps tac i've seen a thousand pictures of groups at 100yds and thought everyone (including me) :D would like to see something a bit different plus to help me make a more informed purchase Thats always good. Great shooting too by the way. Did that H.S. stock stiffen your rig up? I've shot gunpimp69's and never noticed the flex in the forearm of the hogue some people speak of but thats not saying alot haha.

·
Registered
74 Posts
drakedepriest said:
Sorry win_xp i didnt mean anything by the word "long range" its just that while looking for info on that sps tac i've seen a thousand pictures of groups at 100yds and thought everyone (including me) :D would like to see something a bit different plus to help me make a more informed purchase Thats always good. Great shooting too by the way. Did that H.S. stock stiffen your rig up? I've shot gunpimp69's and never noticed the flex in the forearm of the hogue some people speak of but thats not saying alot haha.

first round hit at a mile with the Barrett model 99 50 cal in pretty tough conditions! There was a little luck involved, I dialed 8 moa of wind and had dialed my BORS unit for 1800 yards as my handloads have been averaging 2700 fps and my BORS is currently programmed for 2750. Drilled it! With a witness....Vegas50 was with me that day. (and it was my very first attempt at the mile!

1000 yard kill shot on the elk target with the fifty! I hit him about 6 oclock below the popper and his rear leg weld broke, he did a pirohette and died on the spot!!!

here is a 650 yard "live" target with the fifty! neck shot

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
drakedepriest said:
Sorry win_xp i didnt mean anything by the word "long range" its just that while looking for info on that sps tac i've seen a thousand pictures of groups at 100yds and thought everyone (including me) would like to see something a bit different plus to help me make a more informed purchase Thats always good. Great shooting too by the way. Did that H.S. stock stiffen your rig up? I've shot gunpimp69's and never noticed the flex in the forearm of the hogue some people speak of but thats not saying alot haha.

Well ask and you shall receive................. :) I had a good time this last trip and was worth the drive.

Hog, really nice stuff you posting...............

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats awesome hogs! I can't wait to hit the range. We just got some snow and Temperature in the teens so it doesn't look to good but spring is only a couple months away:(

·
Registered
74 Posts
drakedepriest said:
Thats awesome hogs! I can't wait to hit the range. We just got some snow and Temperature in the teens so it doesn't look to good but spring is only a couple months away:(

Thank you! We have a great shooting group down here. We have a blast and help eachother out alot, I have learned alot in the last few years shooting a few matches here and there and almost every weekend with these guys has definitely brought my skill level up and made me more focused. I spent alot of time over the years just shooting and kind of wasting ammo without documenting what I was doing or really learning from my mistakes. Shooting is a very rewarding (and sometimes humbling) sport, you get out of it what you put into it!:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts