Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 700 BDL I believe to be from the 60's. It has a very heavy barrel and is equipped with a rear peep site and a front block for a site. it is chambered in 22-250 caliber.
I'm familiar with the varmint special and own several but this barrel seems to be a bit heaver.(it is a factory barrel).
My question did Remington make a model with this set up from the factory? thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
1,518 Posts
My First 700 Varminter was a BDL Model with a heavy 26" Barrel. I do not remember them being available with sites though. Mine did not have a front or rear sight. The barrel was heavier than the current .22-250 Laminated Varminter that I have.

·
Administrator
690 Posts
I recently purchased a 700 BDL I believe to be from the 60's. It has a very heavy barrel and is equipped with a rear peep site and a front block for a site. it is chambered in 22-250 caliber.
I'm familiar with the varmint special and own several but this barrel seems to be a bit heaver.(it is a factory barrel).
My question did Remington make a model with this set up from the factory? thanks in advance.
Post a picture of the left side of barrel at the receiver. Should be some letters and /or numbers. Also the logo/cartridge info on the barrel. 'What are the first 3 letters/numbers of the receiver Serial Number?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts