Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a little Mulie I took up in Montana a couple years ago, it was shot over by Dillon. I grew up in Montana but now reside in Las Vegas, I get up there for one week a year to hunt and I was running out of time about to have to head home and this little guy stepped out and I wanted some meat in the freezer! ( I will probably catch it for shooting Bambi, but when push comes to shove I am going to put some venison in the freezer!) 650 yards with the Barrett model 99 50 BMG, hit him right in the throat and ruined no meat....awesome!!!

This is a Nevada Mulie, I took up near Pioche Nevada (between Pioche and Ely) Had my Peterbilt service truck up there...the ultimate hunting buggy, hung the deer from my boom to skin it!

The truck definitely drew some attention from the fish and game! Lmao, opening morning I drove it up a Jeep trail and parked and had hiked out on the side of a ridge in the timberline, I was about a mile from the truck but still within line of sight of it, a game warden pulled up to my truck, got out and walked all the way around it before moving on! Probably the first Peterbilt up that road I would guess!

This is the rifle I had planned on using if I got the opportunity, it is a model 721 Remmington with a 30" Hart Barrel and a custom brake, 1.250" at the reciever tapering to 1.00" at the end (heavy sob) I ended up in some really thick sage brush and dropped this guy at 50 yards with a lever action 30/30. (Maybe shouldnt be on the long range hunting thread...it was my intent to use my heavy ass .270 and take one from distance, circumstances and terrain dictated otherwise) You cant beat an old marlin 30/30 for a brush gun!

Here is my AR 500 elk target that we practice our Long Range Elk kills with! My buddy down here has a confirmed hit at one mile with his Barrett on the elk (the elk is approximately 16" from belly to back and 36" long) Awesome shot. I also had a first round hit at a mile that day but on a different target, a 36"x36" steel plate....we were both shooting model 99 barretts....awesome weapon!

That was my First Round Hit @ 1 mile with the fifty BMG!!! That was an awesome moment for me!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Winxp_Man said:
That deer looks like it got it neck cut not shot nice! hahaha
shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
The deer did a backflip at 650 yards. It was facing down hill when I shot him, when I got up there after the shot it was laying on its back facing uphill!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Nice shooting.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hognuts said:
Winxp_Man said:
That deer looks like it got it neck cut not shot nice! hahaha
shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
The deer did a backflip at 650 yards. It was facing down hill when I shot him, when I got up there after the shot it was laying on its back facing uphill!

This buck was definitely killed in the most possible human way :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
I hope that General Lee pick up wasn't there when you were shootin't that .50 LOL! And Nice shootin btw, it doesn't matter if you shot a Bambi, they're harder to hit and taste better than the big ol' ones!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
StraightShoota said:
I hope that General Lee pick up wasn't there when you were shootin't that .50 LOL! And Nice shootin btw, it doesn't matter if you shot a Bambi, they're harder to hit and taste better than the big ol' ones!
Last edited by StraightShoota (Today 11:03: AM)
Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 w / B&C A3
Millett TRS-1 4-16X50 / EGW 20moa Base / Burris XTR Low Rings
Harris 6-9" BRM-S / Tac Ops Cheek Pad
Custom Phoenix Bolt Knob by AZ Precision
The general was not harmed during the blasting of this steel! LMAO That was our range rig that day, I had the general and Vegas 50 had his jeep, we had to come down range to check out the carnage after the 1 mile stuff! Bambi was a victim of circumstance! I was running out of hunting time and still had not filled my tag...He made the mistake of posting up broadside at 650 yards when the Barrett was present! Good times...seeing the reaction of my hunting buddies that were with me that day spotting through binos made the trip! My cousin Chris gets very amped up at the moment of truth...I had completely lost my sight picture once I squeezed the trigger and when I turned around Chris had jumped about 5 feet in the air and he yelled " YOU GOT THAT SOMBITCH!!!" I just about pissed myself I was laughing so hard at his reaction....good stuff!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hognuts said:
StraightShoota said:
The general was not harmed during the blasting of this steel! LMAO That was our range rig that day, I had the general and Vegas 50 had his jeep, we had to come down range to check out the carnage after the 1 mile stuff! Bambi was a victim of circumstance! I was running out of hunting time and still had not filled my tag...He made the mistake of posting up broadside at 650 yards when the Barrett was present! Good times...seeing the reaction of my hunting buddies that were with me that day spotting through binos made the trip! My cousin Chris gets very amped up at the moment of truth...I had completely lost my sight picture once I squeezed the trigger and when I turned around Chris had jumped about 5 feet in the air and he yelled " YOU GOT THAT SOMBITCH!!!" I just about pissed myself I was laughing so hard at his reaction....good stuff!!:D:D:D

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hognuts said:
StraightShoota said:
hahaha! well done, I guess he was just in the wrong place at the right time :lol:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StraightShoota said:
Hognuts said:
StraightShoota said:
hahaha! well done, I guess he was just in the wrong place at the right time :lol:
:D Yes, yes he was!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Winxp_Man said:
Is that even fair ? on animals ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

(50 CAL :eek: )
I don't think any rifle in capable hands is "fair" for animals...That's why we are on top of the food chain!!! The Barrett just puts you a few more rungs on the ladder up the food chain! :)

·
Registered
409 Posts
I would say that puts you at the TOP of the food chain.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts