Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well this is how my day went.... Got up, went to the new found sand pit 3miles from my house 500 yards!!!! The day started off great. Got to the range, setup my targets (alot of walking involved), and started shooting. The temp was 90* in NH so thats like 110 in CA. I could see the heat comming off the ground at my 100yd target. Well ill get to the point. I sighted in my scope to 100yds and as soon as i tightend the last turret it happend.... It rained so hard i almost couldnt see the path to get back to my car. So having been laying in the dry sand then getting soaked was great for walking. :mad:
I am glad i dont have any pictures because my camera would of been toast. I have to dry out all my stuff now before i can make my way back. My grouping was not all that impressive, my sight might be 1/2 inch off of my POI but that might be because of my unstable prone position. ( bipod kinda sunk uneaven in sand after each shot )
Overall i did what i setout to do for the day.. Tomorrow I will try out 200 or 300 yrds. with pics. Hope you all learn from my mistake and check the weather first before trecking it to the range... :D

·
Registered
277 Posts
Sounds like a blast! hahaha

In sand I shoot sitting. Also, since you have a sandy place to shoot now, you can make sand bags out of old blue jeans. Cut the pant legs into 12" lengths - sew up one end - fill with sand - sewup other end. Then you don't have to use your bipod.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts