Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a model 700 adl synthetic and im looking to improve it. it still is a 100% stock .308 and i want more accuracy. what would you suggest

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
If it's a ADL I'm taking it that's is a sporter barrel on it and not a BB right ?

But a free floated barrel and a bedded stock will automatically bring up the accuracy for the rifle. Then go from there with a upgraded trigger system. Also you reload ? If you do that would be a plus .

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its the sportser barrel. my uncle reloads, he does the rounds for my gun, my dads .223, and his .22-.250. where can i get a resonably priced bull barrell for it? i already have my stock picked out but cannot find a barrel.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
you looking for a match grade barrel ? also if you get a new barrel (most barrel makers dont send a drop in barrel) you will need a gunsmith to do some work for you. A local gunsmith near me charged me about 650 with barrel included and to blueprint and true the action and bolt.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ill probably stick with my sporter barrel then for a bit. with the way our gunsmiths are around here i dont trust them with my baby. it's sad when the best gunsmith within an hours drive is at gander mountain.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Hollywood, if your willing to ship your baby out there is an excellent smith Here in Miami www.somarriba.com very nice attitude very knowledgeable and has every precision machine you can think of. The entire family hunts together and work together in the store/shop.

As for the barrel I say enjoy the one you have, wear it out with range time and memories of the hunt and when accuracy starts to fail then make the swap.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roughly what is the lifespan of the stock remington sporter barrel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts