Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I’m new here and to hunting/bolt action rifles in general. I had a question about a Remington 700 .30-06 I just bought and was hoping someone would be able to help me with the manufactured year. I believe it’s an ADL because there is no hinged plate underneath. I know about the codes but I’m not sure if I’m interpreting it right. The first letter is “U”, which I know is not a month indicator. The next two are “PP.” I’m not sure if this means June 1967 or 1945. Here is a photo to help. “64” is also stamped next to it, if anyone knows what that means, that would help me too. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,402 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from New York. There are a few guys here that are better at helping with dating a Remington and I am sure you will get an answer.

Bob

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
June 1967.

The link below is one of the best out there for explaining the code. The numeric S/N not starting in a letter puts the receiver manufacture in the 1960’s.

Thanks. That’s what I was leaning towards, but just wanted to find a definitive answer. Any idea what the “U” or “64” stamps might mean?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts