Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some parts to an old 700 ADL of mine laying around and I dont want them.

-Walnut stock w/ monte carlo cheekrest, a few scratches but nothing major: $60 shipped (OBO)

-ADL Trigger Guard: $10 shipped *SOLD*

-Front and rear sights: $5 shipped

PAYPAL or MO

Pics available upon request

·
Registered
1 Posts
Regarding: " - Front and rear sights: $5 shipped - " I'll take them if you please.
I can get MO or check off to you as soon as I have an address for you. If you have the screws for the set that would be appreciated also, but I will take what I can get.

PS: I'm West Coast.

Thanks.

·
Registered
67 Posts
just seeing this, if you have the sights still, then great, if not, where could i purchase the screws for the sights. looking to have the holes filled and the barrel refinished, lost my iron sights

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DMAXCHASE said:
just seeing this, if you have the sights still, then great, if not, where could i purchase the screws for the sights. looking to have the holes filled and the barrel refinished, lost my iron sights
i still have the sights, but the screws wont work for what you're trying to do. they're too big.

when you buy a bolt gun and it doesnt come with a scope, they have small screws where the scope mounts go. when you install a scope and remove the iron sights, you fill the iron sight holes with the screws that used to be in the scope base holes.

check with any gunsmith, they probably have some lying around that they would give you. you can also look at brownells or midwayusa.

·
Registered
67 Posts
youre right, i just got my scope mounted on the 700 sps tactical i bought, i will go to the guy who mounted and snag them back from him.

wouldnt cutting the original screws with a dremel, filing flush, and re finishing the barrel be a cleaner approach?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you'd have to be very careful doing that. i'd just leave the screws in, you may want to reinstall the iron sights again one day. it would be very time consuming and may not even yield the results you're looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts