Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been reloading pistol for awhile but am getting back into ground hog hunting.
I just bought my 700 (1:12 twist), and was wondering what your favorite and most accurate loads are.
Thanks!

·
Registered
526 Posts
These are my load cards for my .223 Remington 700 V. I have been working with H322 lately and it really shows promise so I may change over after I shoot up all my BL C2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have a bdl in .223. i have been using 25.8 gr of imr 4064 with a 55gr sierra blitz. i dont have any targets right now, because i havent shot this gun in a long time. this particular rifle shows a preference for this load. it was capable of a five shot grp at 100 yds that could be covered with a dime. i had a few other loads that shot almost this good if you are interested i will look for them and post them also. it will probably take me a few days to find them. sierra load was usin remington brass and cci small rifle primers c.o.a.l. was touching the riflings. so you will have to figure that out for your own gun. sierra book says c.o.a.l. is 2.250, but mine are a little bit longer.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
My .223 has a 1-9 twist, sorry not much help cause I shoot the 68 Hornady bullets and the 69 SMK.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jerrschmitt said:
These are my load cards for my .223 Remington 700 V. I have been working with H322 lately and it really shows promise so I may change over after I shoot up all my BL C2.]
I've had others tell me they like the H322. Have you had a chance to load/shoot any loads of it yet?

·
Registered
36 Posts
LHS said:
Anybody else?
hi , i use a 700 vls 1/12 twist 26" sat in Accuracy International stock ! lapua brass (neck sised) , federal 205 match primer , 55g sierra B-king , VV- n133 (23grains) oh and the trigger is Xmark pro , but has been lightened to 2.5 and adjusted for creep by a smith , think it was about 5 from the factory ! COL is 2285 - 0.030 off the rifling . oh and there is a Pes T12 moderator fitted too . at 200 yds (my zero range) the best groups gone to half an inch at best , but on average its about 1 inch ,
this load was put together in colder winter months , but is now summer the loads seem to be hotter , the primer is starting to show a slightly flattened edge ! think this is down to the weather sensitive powder so have reduced powder to 22.6 grains, iv tried varget and is a very good powder . also had great accuracy with 50 g Blitz-kings , 52g Amax , 50g Vmax . well sorry to waffle on , my first foram experience ! hope this helps .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts