Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have one stamped 7mm-06 brand new in the box that has never been fired,
These kind of posts have plaque many forums throwing out bait with 1 post to your user name and "brand new in the box" already means never been fired. Beware, total verification highly recommended.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
These kind of posts have plaque many forums throwing out bait with 1 post to your user name and "brand new in the box" already means never been fired. Beware, total verification highly recommended.
I just checked back in today and saw your reply. If you were directing this at me thank you very much. (I think). If you meant "plagued" when you insinuated that I was "throwing out bait" you are 100% wrong. I know what NIB means.

I posted on this site because I thought that since it was a Remington rifle this site would have the best info. I read your other posts about the "rarity" of this rifle and it seemed to me that you thought it wasn't THAT rare. Well sir, you were also wrong about that.

I say were because the rifle was sold to a fellow member that has an extensive collection of Remington's. He knew what it was and how rare it is. He purchased the rifle along with 8 other pieces I had for sale. I'm not a rookie at either buying, selling, or collecting. This rifle belonged to 92 year old gentleman that was a friend of mine for 42 years. He passed away and his widow asked me to sell his collection of rifles, shotguns, revolvers, pistols and the room full of ammunition and reloading equipment and components. Yep, tens of thousands of primers and over 100 pounds of powders for them. There are 78 sets of dies from older used Lyman All Americans to like new RCBS and Redding Competition dies. The RCBS comps in the wooden boxes.

I also am selling another fifty plus year collection for a good friend of mine, and the son in law of the 92 year old, that has decided that it was time to sell off the 400+ firearms and the ammunition and reloading equipment and components he has collected. All the pieces from both of these gentleman are in 95% or better condition. There are probably 3 dozen that are NIB maybe more. We have more than some small stores.

Thanks Again for your support.

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
I just checked back in today and saw your reply. If you were directing this at me thank you very much. (I think). If you meant "plagued" when you insinuated that I was "throwing out bait" you are 100% wrong. I know what NIB means.

I posted on this site because I thought that since it was a Remington rifle this site would have the best info. I read your other posts about the "rarity" of this rifle and it seemed to me that you thought it wasn't THAT rare. Well sir, you were also wrong about that.

I say were because the rifle was sold to a fellow member that has an extensive collection of Remington's. He knew what it was and how rare it is. He purchased the rifle along with 8 other pieces I had for sale. I'm not a rookie at either buying, selling, or collecting. This rifle belonged to 92 year old gentleman that was a friend of mine for 42 years. He passed away and his widow asked me to sell his collection of rifles, shotguns, revolvers, pistols and the room full of ammunition and reloading equipment and components. Yep, tens of thousands of primers and over 100 pounds of powders for them. There are 78 sets of dies from older used Lyman All Americans to like new RCBS and Redding Competition dies. The RCBS comps in the wooden boxes.

I also am selling another fifty plus year collection for a good friend of mine, and the son in law of the 92 year old, that has decided that it was time to sell off the 400+ firearms and the ammunition and reloading equipment and components he has collected. All the pieces from both of these gentleman are in 95% or better condition. There are probably 3 dozen that are NIB maybe more. We have more than some small stores.

Thanks Again for your support.
I don’t think Mayor was directing his post at you. But he is correct that a number of fraudulent or very misleading posts have cropped up on various sites. Your original post drew attention when it was originally posted and based on the content it did not appear to be such a post and I chose to let it stand. In particular we are suspicious of classified postings that are the only post for a new member.

Good luck with liquidation. Should keep you busy for a while!

Reactions: mayor

·
Registered
4 Posts
I didn’t mean to offend anyone with my post,I really wanted to know what is the value of my Remington 7MM-06 collectible. I wasn’t expecting all of this HEAT from anyone. I think EVERYONE here has had a new post at one point and time on this forum they had to start from somewhere. I can backup everything that I’m saying about my Remington 7MM-06 there is NOTHING fraudulent about this post. I’m not trying to start anything with my post. I was hoping for a response to what the value might be, not a Post war..I would like to know if anyone have information about the value of my collectible. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I don’t think Mayor was directing his post at you. But he is correct that a number of fraudulent or very misleading posts have cropped up on various sites. Your original post drew attention when it was originally posted and based on the content it did not appear to be such a post and I chose to let it stand. In particular we are suspicious of classified postings that are the only post for a new member.

Thanks,
I'm 69 next month. I won't live long enough to sell them all but it will be fun while I'm still upright.

·
Registered
134 Posts

DOOM is correct, thanks DOOM, my post direct @ JAC1 post as a warning "total verification" recommended. Gun Broker has uncovered fraud listings as other sites. These scammers usually have single digit posts with same MO I have one for sale use pictures found on other listings to further the scam.

Two gentlemen were scammed on K-80 target shotguns that sold over $10,000, Bob has one they are expensive.

AJ100, sorry for the misunderstanding, I read your earlier posts and your a fine gentlemen. Its been a heck of a year with COVID, no ammo & reloading supplies and scammers taking advantage of the market.

·
Registered
4 Posts
DOOM is correct, thanks DOOM, my post direct @ JAC1 post as a warning "total verification" recommended. Gun Broker has uncovered fraud listings as other sites. These scammers usually have single digit posts with same MO I have one for sale use pictures found on other listings to further the scam.

Two gentlemen were scammed on K-80 target shotguns that sold over $10,000, Bob has one they are expensive.

AJ100, sorry for the misunderstanding, I read your earlier posts and your a fine gentlemen. Its been a heck of a year with COVID, no ammo & reloading supplies and scammers taking advantage of the market.
I’m so sorry that you guys feel like I’m trying to scam or defraud people. I’m a 62 year female. My husband passed away leaving behind his gun collection. I am very clueless to all of this. He has ALWAYS told me NOT to get rid of that particular gun because it was rare, out of curiosity I wanted to know the value of it. I’m not a scammer at all, but I am a GOD fearing woman with no intentions of hurting anyone. I would love to talk to someone about my collection, SERIOUSLY

·
Registered
134 Posts
I’m so sorry that you guys feel like I’m trying to scam or defraud people. I’m a 62 year female. My husband passed away leaving behind his gun collection. I am very clueless to all of this. He has ALWAYS told me NOT to get rid of that particular gun because it was rare, out of curiosity I wanted to know the value of it. I’m not a scammer at all, but I am a GOD fearing woman with no intentions of hurting anyone. I would love to talk to someone about my collection, SERIOUSLY
Your 1st post had Gun lingo and now you tell us your "clueless" so which is it ??? I don't know what to believe out of you ? Now 3 posts with more "bait" ? Didn't your late husband have shooting buddies that your can lean on ? You really have this rare 700 post a picture of its box, box label, serial # along with todays newspaper that we can read the date with the rifle on top of it. If not, DON'T waste our time as still don't have a good vibes about you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Please tell me what you consider as BAIT! You are a master manipulator of conversation and try to turn the conversation to benefit yourself for attention. If you’re so knowledgeable about these conversations why can’t you answer a first grade question? You can’t because your to busy trolling this website trying to find fault in peoples conversations. I see you’re not the brightest light on this tree. Sorry I don’t bow down to bullies. I ask a simple question and you’re the only one with magical stupidity. Please go find your life, apparently this is your life and it looks and sound miserable. Who cares about who post what except yourself. Do you ALWAYS control what people say on their post here? If you don’t know the answer please don’t attack people for asking questions, it shows your HIGH IQ... Are my questions inappropriate for this forum? I have see the same questions ask here and no was attack for asking, maybe because they’ve been here longer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
JAG1,

Yes, your are RIGHT, I do have a track record here and consider knowledge of the firearms industry and my posts reflect those conversations. If you told me the "Sun was Shining" I would have to go to the window and look for myself. Lets step back to my 133rd post, let us see those pictures of the 700 from your first post, I'm giving you the opportunity to prove me wrong and you have NOT seized on that opportunity as you have had plenty of time to do so .................

I have a "gut" feeling you are not what you claim and I'm usually 99% right. So either PUT UP or SHUT UP and just GO AWAY .................................

·
Super Moderator
470 Posts
I’m closing this thread.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.