Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently working on putting togrther a custom 257 Roberts. my gunsmith has suggested strongly on the 700 receiver and bolt action. my question, are these actions still available directly from Remington. Brownell says they are not, and i would need to buy either a new or used rifle to get a action.

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am currently working on putting togrther a custom 257 Roberts. my gunsmith has suggested strongly on the 700 receiver and bolt action. my question, are these actions still available directly from Remington. Brownell says they are not, and i would need to buy either a new or used rifle to get a action.
Are you looking for a Left Hand, or Right Hand action?

·
Registered
19 Posts
There are at least a couple dozen on gunbroker, both short and long action. The are new and consist of the carrier, bolt, and trigger. Hers a couple pics i snipped. New Remington stuff can be bought, but any older gun is a problem, I have a 783 a few years old, and you can go to every known Remington parts supplier and EVERYTHING is out of stock or back ordered, and I mean it all.

Trigger Font Gun barrel Air gun Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Line Gun barrel Gun accessory

Font Revolver Trigger Line Gun barrel

·
Administrator
690 Posts
Guys, this thread is from 2012. I hope he is finished with this project by now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts