Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 700 SPS in .17 Fireball and it will not eject the fired cases. It extracts them from the chamber but when they hit the side of the action they pop loose from the ejector and just sit on top of the magazine and I have to reach in and pull them out by hand. I've had two different gunsmiths look at it and they can't figure out what the problem is. Has anyone experienced this before?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello there, I am new to the forum and yes I have had a similar problem with my .17 fireball. I was using the UMC 25 gr. I couldn't get the round in the chamber without force and the same to extract the case. When I did get the round out the cases were scratched pretty good. I know this isn't the same problem you are having but it looks like a problem with this caliber. I took the gun to a Remington Warranty repair shop, they fired three rounds there and saw what I was talking about. They couldn't do anything for it there , and because it was a warranty issue they sent it back to Remington. Well Remington told them it was the bolt and they replaced it, sent it back to the repair shop and they test fired it again. Same issue. The rifle went back to Remington with the problem explained on paper and a case to show the scratch that was present. They now said there was an issue where the bullet seats in the chamber. They replaced the barrel and receiver and sent it back. So now I basically have a totally new rifle. I have it back from repair, and it now feeds rounds without a problem. It sounds like a bolt issue though. I would call Remington and see what they can do for you. Is it older than 2 years old?

F400148 700 BOLT ASSEM .17 REM FIREBALL CS $ 135.00

That's what a new bolt will cost if that's the issue.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts