Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the site and relatively new to bolt action rifles. I recently purchased an SPS .300 WinMag and became hooked on this platform! Well, I now have an opportunity to buy a SPS Tactical .223. It is a month old with very few rounds fired through it. The guy is going to throw in an EGW 1 piece scope mount (not sure of MOA). He was asking $500. I talked him down to $480, but he won't budge from there.

Should I do it? I really like the .223 because I have plenty of ammo for my AR-15. It will be an occasional target shooter. I don't need it, but I want it.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
motocrazy2006 said:
well, the new guns are going for 600 here in Iowa. i just sold my SPS Tactical 308 with 1 piece base for 550....
From what I've researched the .308 sells for a little more than the .223. So it looks like this might not be too bad a deal.

Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldnt be afraid of buying it for that price.. i have a 223 SPS tactical and i love it... so i bought a 308. loved it. sold that and up-graded to the new SPS AAC-SD tactical.. :)

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
For the price you cant go wrong at all. Its nice to be able to get cheap ammo and plinyk all day long with it.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Down here in Miami a new 308 goes for around 560. I'd say meet the guy at the range. Shoot it and see how it does. If you like it and it shoots well buy it :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just the feedback that I was hoping for! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, just made plans to meet the guy tomorrow. Can't wait to get it! Now the search begins for a scope. Put a Bushnell Elite 4200 on my .300 Win Mag and really like it. Might just have to buy another one. Any other suggestions? Want to stay under $400.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jasonbourne said:
MacA, first off GOOD LUCK TOMORROW! Second, depending on the type of shooting your doing check out the review I just posted on the KONUS M-30.
Thanks! And excellent review on the Konus! I will definitely look at this one a little closer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts