Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Newbie here. 1st off, Merry Christmas to everyone. New on the site, I have a 700 ss 5r in 308 that i have put a deposit on at my dealers. would like any feedback you guys have on this rifle. will be putting a nikon 4-16X 50 mm mildot scope on it. not sure on ring selection. will be using for both whitetail hunting and target shooting. What are some good hunting loads fot this gun?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
You can check the reloading section and there I have a reloading thread with recipes from a few guys that posted some and can maybe get you started some what.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok so this maybe a little late altho I just joined a week ago sometime. I have a 5R in a .308 also...I have a load built for hunting and I have done some target shooting with it but I'm using a 165gr Sierra BTHP Gameking with 44.8gr of RE-15 and CCI bench rest primers. The load works really well shot a hog this past chrismas at 475 yards and shot one of my best groups with the load at 100 yards. If I can figure out how to get the picture off my old phone I'll post the group.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts