Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy some ammo for my 7mm and am just wondering what everyone is recommending or shooting. Ammo is getting to be very costly to just go buy something and hope it works then go buy another and keep trying different ammo. I am going to Wyoming in Oct. deer hunting and am looking for something that will have good knock down power with good distance if needed and also can shoot through some thicker brush. I have been looking at "Hornady Superformance™ SST Rifle Ammo" 154 or 162 grain bullet. Any imput will help thanks. :D

·
Registered
47 Posts
Jake_f16 said:
I am looking to buy some ammo for my 7mm and am just wondering what everyone is recommending or shooting. Ammo is getting to be very costly to just go buy something and hope it works then go buy another and keep trying different ammo. I am going to Wyoming in Oct. deer hunting and am looking for something that will have good knock down power with good distance if needed and also can shoot through some thicker brush. I have been looking at "Hornady Superformance™ SST Rifle Ammo" 154 or 162 grain bullet. Any imput will help thanks. :D

Id be more inclined to use the 154 grainers if thats the ammo your going to get. Federal premium is some pretty good stuff also. Elk or moose Id go larger slug...but deer arent that heavy boned. A approx 150 grain slug will do you fine and be slightly flatter shooting for the longer range stuff

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just got a box of the Hornady Superformance SST in 139gr but haven't had a chance to shoot them yet. I need to order a box of the good federal ammo and try it out also. Let us know what you decide to go with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
One of my 7mm Mags likes a 140grn Barnes TSX while another is fond of a 150grn BT or Accubond. Both are handloads though and neither are 700's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts