Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Brand new to the forum, found it by accident while I was trying to find some info on modifying my rifle to fit an external magazine. Given the fact that it is a 6.8SPC, rather than a common calibre, is there anyone out there who has one and/or, offer some advice on the best thing to do.

Already contacted remington and they don't make a 6.8 mag

Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I have a 6.8 SPC AR-15 and what you be able to get by with is regular .223 mags. But can't fit the same amount of ammo. I sometimes use my .223 mags for the 6.8 and they work fine. Also I don't think you will need much stock work to get a DM kit installed should be drop in.

And welcome to the site :D

Aron-

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Now imagine that on a .223 Rem using either a Surefire 60/100 rd or a Beta C-Mag.. holy crap you'd never have to reload.

I think the C-Mag would be more usable than the Surefire, but still, that would be the ultimate coyote\prairie dog\varmint bolt setup.

·
Registered
477 Posts
a 6.8 700P? really? wow, never heard of that. how does the 6.8 perform as a long range catridge?

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Remington 700 Tactical comes in 6.8SPC. I know the 6.8SPC is a Remington cartridge, so I'd be kind of disappointed if they didn't make a 700 in it.

Anyway, it was designed to hold at least 1MOA out to 600 yards and provide better terminal ballistics than the .223\5.56x45mm. I have hand loaded it a few times and shot it out of an AR15 platform, and I know with the 115gr SMKs it is a nice, accurate little round, considering the AR was not using a match barrel or accurized in any way.

I didn't get a chance to shoot any lighter or heavier bullets (It's a .277 round, same as the .270 Winchester) but I can imagine loading an 85gr bullet would enable you to push 3,400-3,500+ FPS at the muzzle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts