Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got the first new piece for my new build, here's a few teaser pics.

Oh and this too....

Drum roll pleeez,

I have been traveling, for work and to see family in CA, sadly for a funeral as well. BUT Ill be home thurs and will post up some more pics of the rest of the build so far.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Lucky^^^ :D

I wish I could get a 338LM that will be my next rifle a 338 Lapua :) Maybe next year.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Winxp, I think you wind up getting another 700 every two weeks so. So I'm sure soon enough you'll have one.

Btw, Ever think about adopting a forum member? :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Lucky^^^ :D

I wish I could get a 338LM that will be my next rifle a 338 Lapua :) Maybe next year.

It was actually quite easy. I told my wife I wanted a 338 for long range hunting, cause my sps tact is paper/varmint only, and she said get the gun as long as I get her lulu lemon capris pants and a lulu lemon hoodie!! DONE! :D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update:

More Pics

Next step is break-in, then Ill post up how she does at the range.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The rings I had sent to me should have been low or med. but instead they sent the high rings. Im gonna change the rings to low, I think they will work.

I have not been to the range yet, kids have track meets and baseball games. Im hoping soon though. Maybe ditch work one day and sneak off to the range during the week. I work for myself so my boss is a real A-hole! LMAO!

Just got the BO Bolt knob, installing it as soon as I can get to my buddys machine shop.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
desertdog said:
The rings I had sent to me should have been low or med. but instead they sent the high rings. Im gonna change the rings to low, I think they will work.

I have not been to the range yet, kids have track meets and baseball games. Im hoping soon though. Maybe ditch work one day and sneak off to the range during the week. I work for myself so my boss is a real A-hole! LMAO!

Just got the BO Bolt knob, installing it as soon as I can get to my buddys machine shop.

Reminds me of me :D hahahahahaha don't you hate A-Hole bosses :D

·
Registered
477 Posts
do you absolutely have to have a gunsmith install the BO bolt knob? i've got a huge tap and die set and i've thread all sorts of different things with it. i dont see why i couldnt do it myself with a drill press and some clamps.

nice rifle btw. how do you feel about the HS prec. stock straight from remington? i thought they were too smooth, i "fixed" mine

·
Registered
639 Posts
Grab the Low rings and then get a nice TacOps cheek pad and it will be comfy as . I have Med NF rings on my rifle and just use a TacOps pad and have no issues. I have a HS Police stock on my SPS Tactical.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's how she sits now I found some TPS X-Low rings, looks like thats the ticket.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Very nice mate. Looks great. Now get out there and shoot it!!!!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks, I shot it Sun but didnt get it dialed in like I wanted, got windy, not so good for sighting in a scope.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thats true aye. I hate when its its windy and you cant zero. Thast when I pull out the shotgun and 9mm and waste a lil time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking good show us some range pics when ya go. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts