Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The original owner told me that this stock with the green webbing was some kinda of "special edition". So far I haven't seen any others with the green web on this site so I thought I would ask. It dosn't really make any difference to me, I've wanted a 700P for a while and this one was the same price as others I've seen so I grabbed it, but I am curious. If anyone has any info please let me know.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, it does look like yours Winxp. It's hard to tell by the pics but it looks black until you get up close. Here is another pic. I didn't think there was anything special about it, well except that it's mine and that makes it special ;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Vtwin_Guy said:
The original owner told me that this stock with the green webbing was some kinda of "special edition". So far I haven't seen any others with the green web on this site so I thought I would ask. It dosn't really make any difference to me, I've wanted a 700P for a while and this one was the same price as others I've seen so I grabbed it, but I am curious. If anyone has any info please let me know.

Two questions...

Does your R700 truly have a Parkerized finish?

What number or letter does your serial number start with?

The answer to these questions will tell you if you have a R700P or not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes it is parkerized and the SN# starts with G6.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts