Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I am waiting for my xcr 300 win mag to arrive, and thought i could use the time to (hopefully) narrow Down the selection of ammo that this rifle shoots Well with.
Main usage Will be target practice and a bit of hunting(boars, deer and so on)
Yes i know it differs rifle to rifle, But perhaps some of you guys could point me in the Right direction?

So... What are you guys using?

Cheers
Rene

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hope you don't mind a newbie's two cents. I'm going with Black Hills 190 grain when I get my same model (production due date is supposed to be 8/25). If Black Hills is used by some of the elite sniper units in Fed and military Soec Ops, who am I to defy logic? Had the pleasure of ringing some out to 1000 yds recently w/a top notch unit (they sighted in the S&B for me, dammit!). Amazing round, I'm sold!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for replying.
I haven't Got the rifle yet. Still waiting on the permit to come through:( its been 2 months ffs. Shitty country i live in!

Black Hills Is on the list then��

I have to use my old hunting scope to start with, as money is a bit tight atm. So when i have the money im going shopping:)
Got a fairly god prise on the rifle, so had to Buy it haha
Wat scope and rings you put on?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The ammo available for the 300wm sucks (match ammo that is) hunting there is all kinds that is out there. I personally didn't shoot and don't shoot much factory since I reload. But for match either federal 190 or the BH 190 (when it's on the shelf of course) the other kind of ammo that has to be good is HSM. Bought a few boxes for my .308 Win to try out and it shoots really well surprising. I will try to remember to post a link to the page for HSM very good prices I have found. I have it linked here somewhere.

As for scope I have a Vortex Razor 5-20, rings the Seekins, base TPS steel 20moa base.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I dont personally have experience with the 300wm. But I can say Federal gold medal match and black hills have been very good performers for me in 308 and 223 cal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts