Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
just,finally got some imr8208xbr powder in,cant wait to try some,supposed to be the cats ass powder,it
will have to be exceptional to replace my rel15, has anyone tried it yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got some but have yet to try it.I have a match coming up in mid-October and will probably use a older tried and true load for my rifle.But hopefully will get to load some of the IMR8208XBR powder with some 168SMK's.Got a new chronograph so I will try it too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
I was playing with 8208 today. A friend gave me some Berger and some Spencer bullets. This was the first try with the 8208. Don't know enough about it yet but it looks promising.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Been doing some reading on 8208. Sounds like its a really good powder for people in areas like me, where temps range from -35 to 75 degrees (ain't NO way on God's green earth that I'm out shooting at -35 anyway...). Keep us in the loop!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
jerrschmitt said:
I was playing with 8208 today. A friend gave me some Berger and some Spencer bullets. This was the first try with the 8208. Don't know enough about it yet but it looks promising.

I think those are already exceptional,Have you tried it in a 308 yet?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Robo said:
Been doing some reading on 8208. Sounds like its a really good powder for people in areas like me, where temps range from -35 to 75 degrees (ain't NO way on God's green earth that I'm out shooting at -35 anyway...). Keep us in the loop!
yea,its supposed to be super stabile at temps up to 145 degrees .Ihope it lives up to the hype! purchased 4lbs of it, its hard to get! :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
dratt1957 said:
Robo said:
Been doing some reading on 8208. Sounds like its a really good powder for people in areas like me, where temps range from -35 to 75 degrees (ain't NO way on God's green earth that I'm out shooting at -35 anyway...). Keep us in the loop!
yea,its supposed to be super stabile at temps up to 145 degrees .Ihope it lives up to the hype! purchased 4lbs of it, its hard to get! :/
Let me know, it has a DIFFICULT job to do to beat out what I've accomplished with Varget. I'm gonna talk some people I shoot with (read: suckers) into buying some for "load development" in their rifles...
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top