Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the range today to shoot my rifles. There was a 10-12 mph wind but decided to shoot anyway. The first group is out of my M700 SPS Varmint. Stock is a Choat Ultimate Varmiter, scope is a Burris XTR 3-12x50. This was at 100 yards. The second is out of my .243 which started out in life as an ADL, but I ended up adding a BDL floorplate and later set it in an SPS stock I got off ebay. The scope is a 3-9x40 Burris Fullfield II, mounted with Leupold base and rings.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Nice schooting, and I really like the idea of index cards.

Do you setup the index card with the target on it or transfer onto the index once done?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One was a sticker, the other I had to cut out. I took the target, and attached it to the index card, I have box tape over it now to keep it in place and to preserve. I got this idea from a guy at the local gunshop, he was using playing cards, I decided to do this so I can have some specs on it too.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
JFComfort said:
Shoot 5 round groups! It will give you a better idea of the rifle and shooters abilities.

+1 The only time I shoot 3 shot groups is when I know that a certain ammo type or reload type already shoots small groups.

Nice shooting though :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ya, good point about 5 shot groups. The .243 I was thinking that the most I would shoot at a deer at once would be 3 rounds, so I had thought about that already while I was developing a load. The .308 I was just shooting to have fun, and thought, wow thats kinda tight. Now you got me thinking about doing a card for a 5 shot group.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Alright, went out today, still had about a 10mph wind, my target was actually moving back and forth. Here is the best group I had, and sorry about the pic. Outside to outside measures .684 and center to center is .376 with same ammo, and giving myself about 1 minute of open bolt to cool barrel and about 1 minute of wait before I fired, so roughly about 2 minutes between shots.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Looks like you got yourself a shooter :D good job shooting.

You have an idea what velocities your pushing with that load?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts