Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt go as planed because wind picked up to about 15-25 MPH. Down in the valley from what you can see in the pics is were I took about a 500 yard shot at a yote and my (from the top of my head) calculations were not right not ended shooting about 12" behind the yote.

but here is the lasted trip I went out on enjoy the pics (hopefully) :D

I had my S&W model 422 .22, My 6.8 SPC, and my Remington 700 SPS Tac :D
This was out around Indian Valley Reservoir (near Clear Lake area). One thing about this place is when its Close Quarter Combat style and all of a sudden you have to snipe a yote at 4-500 yards out. So I took out all the weapons for what ever the opportunity brings in :D

here are some pics.

This is me with my 6.8 SPC

This is me with my Remmy 700

And here I'm checking out the valley down below.

Now here I gave my buddy a rifle so we can both check for any little yote movement we might spot

·
Registered
403 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Didnt go as planed because wind picked up to about 15-25 MPH. Down in the valley from what you can see in the pics is were I took about a 500 yard shot at a yote and my (from the top of my head) calculations were not right not ended shooting about 12" behind the yote.

but here is the lasted trip I went out on enjoy the pics (hopefully) :D

I had my S&W model 422 .22, My 6.8 SPC, and my Remington 700 SPS Tac :D
This was out around Indian Valley Reservoir (near Clear Lake area). One thing about this place is when its Close Quarter Combat style and all of a sudden you have to snipe a yote at 4-500 yards out. So I took out all the weapons for what ever the opportunity brings in :D

here are some pics.

This is me with my 6.8 SPC

This is me with my Remmy 700

And here I'm checking out the valley down below.

Now here I gave my buddy a rifle so we can both check for any little yote movement we might spot

Sooooo when are we headed out?.....lol! Be nice to drop a yote or maybe a pig. :D

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^ this past November I saw a hog on one of the main roads leading out of this place. The Hogs are there just hard to get to. They seem to travel more at night than daytime. But yote's are in there. We have to plan a trip out there real soon :D its fun to go out even to shoot long range out here :D

·
Registered
403 Posts
Roger that buddy! Lets plan a date soon and head out.....

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sure was :D

Except for the 15-25 MPH winds which is why we were not successful except for one yote and even that one never came in close enough for a good shot (this was at night) before we left the place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts