700Rifle.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. New guy here.

I have an unfired Remington 700 AAC-SD in .308.

I would like to convert the existing Hogue overmolded stock to use Magpul magazines. Has anyone done that before? Any tips or tricks?

thanks,
Rusty

·
Registered
377 Posts
Get rid of the Tupperware stock and build something decent,also get rid of the trigger and install the one of your choice

·
Super Moderator
1,323 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Get some trigger time in and see how you like the way it shoots. The first thing I do with any new Remington 700 that I get is to change the trigger as pointed out. Then Bed the action and float the barrel and you might find you like it just the way it is.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
429 Posts
I personally would recommend ditching the stock first. The Hogue is very flexible with the heavy barrel and tends to float or contact the barrel depending on how the front end is loaded on a rest or bipod. It is almost impossible to be consistent with it. I put a B&C Medalist Light Tactical on my 700 SPS Tactical.

As for using mags, the Magpul 700 Hunter mag conversion is supposed to be a drop in conversion. I do remember reading about needing to open it up around the trigger with some aftermarket triggers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I put a B&C M40 on mine and really like it,Like Doom said the Houge stock is really flexible especially around the barrel,when Shooting off a rest or pod it would touch the barrel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts