Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase my first rifle. I have it narrowed down to a 700 ADL stainless steel packaged with a remington scope for $500 or a 700 SPS black synthetic package for $750. From what the salesmen are telling me is that the ADL comes with a pretty low end scope, priced around $50, but the SPS comes with a quite better scope priced around $200. I like the look of the stainless steel ADL, but the dropdown floor and better scope are making me wonder if its better to go that route. Was looking at spending at most $700, but would the SPS be worth the extra $50??? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
47 Posts
cammer55 said:
I am looking to purchase my first rifle. I have it narrowed down to a 700 ADL stainless steel packaged with a remington scope for $500 or a 700 SPS black synthetic package for $750. From what the salesmen are telling me is that the ADL comes with a pretty low end scope, priced around $50, but the SPS comes with a quite better scope priced around $200. I like the look of the stainless steel ADL, but the dropdown floor and better scope are making me wonder if its better to go that route. Was looking at spending at most $700, but would the SPS be worth the extra $50??? Any thoughts?

I bought one of those scopes from E-Bay fr $20....I wouldnt put it on a BB gun. Gave it away because I was ashamed to ask $$ for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
ADL does not have a hinged mag floor plate which is a PITA, STS stainless or BDL does. Don't buy a package. Your scope will cost almost as much or more than the rifle. For deer .308 is great if you also want to go bigger (moose) 30-06. Hard to go wrong with a 700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts