Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........ but nowhere to go. I've yet to send a round down range cuz it's deer season here and the hunters frown upon people out in the woods banging away.

SPS Tactical .308
Konus 6.5-24 M30 Scope
TPS Picatinny Steel Rail
Burris Xtreme Tactical Rings
B&C Medalist M40 Stock
Wyatt's Detachable Magazine System
Harris Ultralight Bipod
Kinetic Research Bolt Knob

The stock needed absolutely no modification. The barrel/receiver dropped right in as did the Wyatt trigger guard without shims. I just torqued the guard screws to 45 in-lbs and was good to go. The B&C stock is much more rigid than the original.

I'll wait to see how it shoots before changing the trigger. Most likely there is a BO bolt knob in the future.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Tangle, you may need to add a washer to the rear bolt of the bdm once you fire it. This is because of the excessive space in the recoil lug channel on the stock. When firing the stock might shift slightly forcing a can't on the action screws and can jam up the wyatts dbm. Atleast that's what happened to mine. One you get to shoot it you'll know after the 1st few shots if there is a problem or not. I'm hoping not so you can finally enjoy your rifle.
How are you liking your glass? I swear by them!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be sure to take the needed tools and shim with me the first time out. There's a local indoor range I might go to. It's only 25 yds but at least I can get the poi on paper and start to break in the barrel

So far I'm really pleased with the optics. I've spent some time on the back deck drawing beads on squirrels

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for all the lovely bouquets!

I just ordered a Darkmetal H&K style muzzle brake, the clamp on type. I'll see how that works out.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
762 said:
where'd you find the brake? i've been looking for one

eBay, the item number is 120759008531. shows 2 left

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the darkmetal arrived at my door in 4 business days ! it is one honkin hunk of metal. I furnished the muzzle O.D. and caliber. it slipped right on but with 0 wobble. torqued the screws to 60 in-lbs. the quality is great.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Heck of a rifle you've got there. How do you like the scope mount you're running? Does it all seem solid and ready to take the recoil?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts