Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a 700 vtr in .308. Having done nothing to it and not having the ability to reload, What ammuntion would you recommend. I am looking towards something in 168grn. I have heard good things about federal and like wise about Prvi. From what I can find the Prvi is much cheaper to purchase. I wouldn't have much of a use past around 600 yards.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Go with the federal premium gold medal match kings,
On cabelas.com they were only 20.00 a box.

Edit: they are now 34.00 a box. Search around you should be able to find them between 20 and 25

·
Registered
409 Posts
I second Matt Damon's thoughts... Federal Gold Match BTHP's in 168gr.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
While I agree with all of you, the price for federal is $33 a box, prvi is $13 a box. I would buy the federal, but that's a big price difference and the best I could find online today. Does the advice come from experience or is it brand knowledge or something else. Thank you all for the help.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
All of us are speaking from 1st hand experience. I hand load, but if I am in able to the only thing I feed through my rifle is the federal gold, or if I'm really in a pinch Winchester ballistic silver tips (nosler ballistic tip).

I shoot sub moa at 100 with federal and right at moa with the ballistic silvertip it depends on what you want.

If your just going to enjoy the day buy the cheapest stuff out there. But if accuracy is what your after. It comes with a premium

Just my 2 cents thiugh

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
petaros45 said:
While I agree with all of you, the price for federal is $33 a box, prvi is $13 a box. I would buy the federal, but that's a big price difference and the best I could find online today. Does the advice come from experience or is it brand knowledge or something else. Thank you all for the help.

You can get the 168 SMK Federal GMM stuff for 20.00 dollars most places online. Also that PRVI ammo I didn't hear to much good things about.

·
Registered
225 Posts
+ whatever on 168gr Fed Match.

Stay away from Privi Partizan, the brass is too thin now (because of base metal prices) and I seen the results of it. A destroyed rifle. No one got hurt save a pair of underwear.

·
Registered
105 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts