Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

An Offer

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  idfDM 
#1 ·
I posted a little while ago that I was purchasing the equipment to blueprint remington 700 actions. It should be in this week and I'll be ready to get started. I'm going to do three of them that I have here first, then I have a few to do for another 'smith. I also have a blast cabinet and the needed equipment and know how to refinish rifles. So that brings me to an offer for you guys.

The 'smith I'm doing the work for can't really come out and tell folks that he is farming work out and the rifles I own that I'm doing will be good, but I need some people to vouch for my work, there is a lot of value in a satisfied customer. I'm willing to earn some satisfied customers. If anyone wants their action blueprinted, that includes truing the receiver face, truing the receiver threads, truing the receiver lugs and lapping the bolt lugs, I'll do it for $50. The catch is that if you are satisfied with my work you need to be willing to post on some of the other boards that you are. The "street" price for this work is going to be $175. While I've got your barreled action if you'd like it refinished with Duracoat I can do that for $100 and if you'd like your stock camoed I can do that for $100. While the rifle is apart and being trued is a great time to put a new barrel on if you want to and McGowan can get them fairly quickly, price will depend on what length and material.

I will have to limit this offer to 5 or so people first come, first serve.

With this post Excorio Precision Firearms is born.

See less See more
#5 ·
If your rifle shoots .5 I would recommend against changing it. It's doing what you'd like it to do. Blueprinting is a term taken from the meaning to make the part as close to what it is spec'ed to be in the blueprint as can be. It's really all about getting the various parts as close to concentric with the bore or as cloe to perpendicular to the bore as possible. If the barrel sits perfectly flat against the receiver face and sits in the receiver threads perfectly, along with the bolt lugs making as much contact with the receiver lugs as possible you are giving the bullet the most stable platform you can. The more stability there is the more repeatable the barrel harmonics will be and repeatability equals precision.

The manufacturers and their production machines are doing a good job these days but a better job can be done by a craftsman paying close attention to that one part and only to that one part as opposed to many parts on the line at the same time.

#6 ·
I'd love to take you up on your offer, Mac, but I just don't have the money for any new projects. I sure would like to send you a magnum 700CDL and a .30 cal PacNor tube and have a super-accurate .300 H&H built. Maybe later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.