Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with the .223 version. A HS stock off of a Rem 5R should be here Monday, and the EGW 20 MOA rail has been ordered. Have been shopping for a scope, am leaning towards a Nikon Monarch 3-12, or 4-16. This will be my first bolt action, was just wanting something for ground squirrels/coyotes/paper. Have loaded for revolvers for years, so have been reading up on what to do when it does not involve straight wall pistol cases.
Somewhere in the photo is the rifle, straight out of the box.

Thanks for the site.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum! I haven't been around here that long, myself. I just got hold of a used 700 VS left hand model in .308. Good stuff!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have the stock, still waiting on the rail.
Am shopping for rings to go with a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40...

I know they are poor photos. Once I get it put together, I will post a few at the range, or out in the woods where the varmints roam.

·
Registered
403 Posts
eastwa said:
Have the stock, still waiting on the rail.
Am shopping for rings to go with a Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40...

I know they are poor photos. Once I get it put together, I will post a few at the range, or out in the woods where the varmints roam.
For a reasonably priced scope that Nikon Buckmaster 6x18x40 SF is a very good scope. I have the same scope and i'm running it on an EGW base and Leupold QRW medium height matte rings. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Nikon will be here tomorrow, the base should arrive in 2 more days. I thought I had a set of rings available locally, but the local store screwed up the order.
From reading other posts here, it looks like I can use Burris XTR or Leupold PRW/QRW lows with the 6-18X40.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It is all together. The Seekins rings hit the mailbox today. The Nikon will do for now. Not sure if I like the palm swell / hand position / trigger feel with the current stock, but I have not been to the range yet.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
The only thing I dont like on that Nikon scope is the 1/8 clicks thats just way to much. Other than that nice rifle and dont forget to post some target pics :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Winxp_Man said:
The only thing I dont like on that Nikon scope is the 1/8 clicks thats just way to much. :D
That is a fact - 480 clicks from top to bottom :eek: .
It will eventually go on another toy, but it will get me started until I find something else. On the plus side, it was a $190 local Craigslist find.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
That's a really good deal. Like you said though just for now until you have funds for a better one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts