Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning everyone.
Glad I found this forum because I'm chasing some opinions.

I'm considering gettinga Blackhawk Axiom Ultra Light stock for my 700 in .308
The stock apparently has a recoil reducing system and I was just wondering if anyone has used the stock and whats your thoughts.

I currently have a Choate ultimate varmint stock fitted but I'm very interested in the Blackhawk.
Here's a pic of the Blackhawk, hope it works.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Your current stock is a good one. I say get a muzzle break if your worried about recoil. One of our members here has one on his 223 I believe. He liked it and gave a good review if I recall correctly

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was looking at the same stock, if you get one a review would be much appreciated. :D

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Like jasonbourne said there is another member that said he liked the stock and it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi guys, thanks for the replys.
I'm also looking at a muzzle break maybe, I'm not so worried about the recoil, I just think its a great looking stock, the recoil reducing system would be a bonus if it works as good as they say.
I'd be glad to post a review if I get one, but the trouble may be getting one...

I checked with a friend at Aussie Customs and the problem I have is that the Blackhawk stock can be adjusted in length by 4 inches and in that form it wouldn't be allowed to come into the country. Customs will only allow an adjustment of 70mm. Yeah its BS but that's the rules.
I have tried two people I know in the US to see if they know someone who can "fix" (weld?) the stock at my desired pull length, then send it out to me, but so far to no avail. If it was permanently fixed at one length it would be no problem getting it through Customs.

So there's the second question...
Is there a trustworthy soul willing/able to do a bit of gunsmithing, then post the stock to me??

Cheers, and thanks again.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Last time I had a welder in my hand, well. Let's just say it didn't end well lol.

But you can have the stock shipped to a gun smith in Miami I know and then his shop can mail it to you. I would just have to call and double check with them

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mate, that would be excellent if you can ask them for me.

Without actually holding the stock and seeing how its put together, I don't think it would be a big job, if its steel (I can't weld alloy) I could do it myself in a few minutes.

If you could ask the shop then PM me so I can email them, I'll owe you a beer or something.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I'm heading to port malabar with fasteach tomorrow but I'll call them on Monday and find out for you. I'll shoot you a pm once I talk to them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excellent, Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Errol, i talked to my smith and they said that without having it there it would be hard to say if it can be done or not. Considering it's a plastic m4 style stock I don't know how it could be done but I'm sure there is a way.

If your mind is set on it, try calling black hawk directly and see if they can sell you a fixed length model.

Sorry I wasn't of any help, best of luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,
I have tried contacting the makers but they have not replied, so much for customer service!!
I'm a cheap bugger too. Blackhawk want $269 for the stock but it's available through Amazon for as little as $154 ... Guess who I was going to buy through? That hundred I save would nearly cover the work needed and postage to Australia.

A magazine here did a review of a gun with that stock and said the stock was "pinned" for our requirements.
So I'm guessing it was done as Winxp_Man suggested and I'd say the tube is probably alloy or mild steel.

Oh well, jasonbourne, thanks anyway for the help. I knew if I got on the right forum someone would help, its much appreciated. The stupid gun laws here really p me off sometimes. How could a simple 4 inch adjustment to a stock length make a difference???

I'll keep chasing some other options and see what happens.

Cheers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts