Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We kicked off the weekend before SHOT show with a bang! We got to head out with Navy SEAL legend Chris Kinney, Dave Durham, Stephan von Bjorn and the Military Channels Jonathan Roubini.

These guys made 1,500 yards, 2,000 yards and 2,000+ look easy. They were testing John's prototype rifle and new cartridge. I'm not sure what I can tell so I'll just say the rifle/cartridge combo is sub-minute capable at those ranges.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Hey JF when I get my Remmy 700 Sendero II in 300 WM I might run out to shoot with you guys :) looks like lots of fun.

Probably embarrass myself but will give it a try :)

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.300 WM is a solid round. I was able to sling a 208 A-Max at just under 3,000 fps from a 700P I used to have. The farthest I've stretched it out was 1,550 yards. It was surprisingly accurate and got there with plenty of gas to kill something!

Here's the old stick, I wish I wouldn't of sold it.

I'm sure you'll do just fine.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Well this will be the start for my really long range rifles :D

Then my next in line is maybe a 338 Lapua................. ya expensive but fun :cool:

Right now I found a Sendero II in 300 WM for 1045 shipped home. then the money to build it right comes to play.

·
Registered
74 Posts
JFComfort said:
We kicked off the weekend before SHOT show with a bang! We got to head out with Navy SEAL legend Chris Kinney, Dave Durham, Stephan von Bjorn and the Military Channels Jonathan Roubini.
These guys made 1,500 yards, 2,000 yards and 2,000+ look easy. They were testing John's prototype rifle and new cartridge. I'm not sure what I can tell so I'll just say the rifle/cartridge combo is sub-minute capable at those ranges.

That was very cool meeting those guys and getting to check out some of their gear. Very accomplished and down to earth people and top of the line gear!!! Those guys were very cool. I am glad that we got the opportunity to meet them and were able to help out with a place to shoot and getting things set up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Well this will be the start for my really long range rifles
Then my next in line is maybe a 338 Lapua................. ya expensive but fun
Right now I found a Sendero II in 300 WM for 1045 shipped home. then the money to build it right comes to play.
shot to kill not wound ! .22 S&W model-422---WesternField M500 20GA---.223 Remington R-15---White Oak Armament 6.8 SPC AR-15
Reminton 700 SPS Tactical .308 with HS precision Stock
Sounds like a winner....my wishlist is un-ending as well, but the fifty is already my hungry beast, so I am going to hold off for now on the 338....although for a long range hunting gun, I've been drooling on a few different setups in that caliber....too many badass rifles to pick from!!!

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
^^^^^^ I know huh hahahahaha

I was checking out the 338 that the savage makes as a nice little package. I saw it here is Sac Town at Sportsmanswarehouse they are askin 1900 for it. Not to bad for a ready to go setup.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts