Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, As you can already tell I am new to this site (wonderful by the way). I have recently bought a Rem700 Police DM. At least thats what I think it is. Anyway, I just wanted to know how if preformed because I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. Also it is kinda a project rifle because the person who owned it before me used some kind of wood glue on the stock and dinged up the barrel somewhat. Maybe thats why it was $400 bucks.... Once I figure out how to post pics i will load some.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a 700 P and I love it. it is a very good project rifle and you will find a ton of good info on here. BTW, welcome to the site!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! glad to be a part of this forum.
I am looking forward to upgrading the rifle. I forgot to mention It has a 4 round drop mag with the cut out in the stock. That raises the question about a new stock sometime in the future. Am i going to have to replace the stock drop mag and housing with an after market one to fit a better stock?

·
Registered
477 Posts
hurry up and post pics, i wanna see it.

i just joined myself, very cool site here. lots of good info from what i've been reading.

i'm a 700P owner as well

·
Registered
477 Posts
ThoR said:
Thanks! glad to be a part of this forum.
I am looking forward to upgrading the rifle. I forgot to mention It has a 4 round drop mag with the cut out in the stock. That raises the question about a new stock sometime in the future. Am i going to have to replace the stock drop mag and housing with an after market one to fit a better stock?
i think i understand your question. the answer would be no. just make sure when you're looking for a new stock that it is for a 700 BDL and either a short action or long action, depending on your caliber. it'll have the floor plate/trigger guard cutout and all you would do is switch it over to the new stock.

you can replace the factory magazine with detachable mags, usually you can get 5 and 10 rounds mags for it. they're expensive though, $300+

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey here is the rifle from when I bought it to now... more to add on later.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Scope is a walmart scope.. had it from another rifle, kinda dont have money for a new one yet.
Love the Tacops cheek pad! I have a BO bolt knob on its way and will be installed asap.
Let me know what you all think...

·
Registered
477 Posts
holy high scope mounts. not bad though. dont feel about cheap glass, i'm in the same boat. just started a new job back in december so i should have a new one soon. has the stock been painted?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I lost one of my Jobs a few months ago so this glass will have to do. No, she has not been painted, but will be soon. Nothin fancy, just black. I need to cover up that grey crap thats all over the stock (hard to see in the pics). I still havent shot it yet... Anybody on here live in NH that could sugest a good 100yd range?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks like a factory DM alright.
As far as the new stock goes, with that mag system you would have to buy another stock that fits the 700P DM. The factory DM is unique in that it uses proprietary magazines that don't work with other DBM types (as opposed to something that used AICS mags for example). You would have to find an aftermarket stock that used the Remington DM bottom metal in order not to have to not have to order anything else.
In order to go with a different stock you would have to get new bottom metal that either had a hinged floorplate or get one of the other makes of DBM that would work with the new stock.
The grey stuff on the stock isn't much to worry about: it looks like he tried to glue down a cheekpad or something. As far as the barrel dings I wouldn't worry about those as long as they are on the outside contour of the barrel and not internal or around the crown. If it shoots as good as a 700P should I say you got a very nice deal, grey funk and dings included.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I went back to the gun shop where I bought it. They said that It was a trade in from the Portland Maine PD.
That was really good news for me, not only did I get a good deal on the rifle. I know that all the dings and scratches are from getting it in and out of the cruiser. I had a friend of mine who is a scout sniper inspect it and he said it should shoot 100%.
Thank you m24shooter for that info on the DM stock. I actually don't have enough money for one right now. I got that cheapO walmart scope off asap and have a S.W.F.A Super Sniper 10x42 on the way. Will post pics as soon as it arrives.

Just as a teaser here is the stock pic of the SS

·
Registered
122 Posts
I have the 3-9x42 30mm FFP HD on my SPS T. I have the 1-4x illuminated on my SDM. They AR good scopes.
Glad to hear your blaster is in good shape. You got a whole rifle for a little more than I paid for a DBM and two mags. Very good deal. I'd love to find one of those.

·
Registered
477 Posts
i've pretty much decided on getting a 10x42 SS as well. been researching them a lot this week while i was at work. looks like a great deal for the price. i'd like one of the mil-rad click scopes, but they're too expensive right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice work mate. Thats a good looking rifle :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
O it will look even better at the end of the week. She is currently getting painted and having a complete make over. I am taking my sweet time on this paint job, because all of my other paint explorations end in crap. (mainly because i want to handle the gun right after painting it)... And SWFA finally shipped my scope! so it will be here in about ehhh 5 days or so. :cool: I will post pics on the my 700 topic as soon as she is finished.. Long @$$ drum roll people!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
New pics of the paint job are on the picture thread of the MY 700! let me know what you think...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I used Krylon Camo Paint... I know it wont hold up that well over time but a rifle with charicter marks is a good looking rifle :cool: The whole process took 4 days. Base coat ( green ) let it dry for 2 days, stencil work (black and tan) let sit in sun for a day. I then put the whole thing together and let it bake in the sun for about 8 hours today and its ready to handle. I am really impressed with the quality of the paint though. It is really sticking to the rifle and not flaking off like other spraypaint i have used. Highly recomend this line of paint for guns. Only ran my 40 bucks for the paint, sandpaper, and masking tape. wish i would of grabbed the darker green though, kinda light...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts