Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Just wondering if anyone knows of available hardware to convert a fixed length stock to an adjustable LOP?

I have an H.S. Precision PST012 and am very happy with the stock, but would like to have an adjustable length of pull. I may just end up ordering another model with the adj. LOP - but would like to know if the hardware required to make the LOP adjustable is available.

Of course this could be assembled from any number of bolt/thread and nut combinations, but I'm thinking some gunsmith types must already be producing something very well suited to the task.

Anyway - thought I'd check with you guys and see...

Thanks,
-Paul

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hello Paul and welcome! I haven't pulled the recoil pad off of an HS, but I believe the stock is foam filled. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the adjustable LOP HS stocks have a special internal structure in the stock cavity, don't they? I have seen the kits for wooden stocks where you can chop off the comb to make it adjust - in addition to gaining access to remove material for the install of the butt parts. Maybe there are smiths out there that can fabricate and epoxy the components to make one work for a synthetic stock, but I think the project would be quite "tedious." (read: Expensive) What about using spacers?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I hope my first post is helpful. RBoomK, you are correct in that HS stocks are foam filled. That is not the end of the world, however! I have installed Graco brand Adjustable Length of Pull units (non recoil absorbing ones) in synthetic stocks. PM me and I'll give you a price, delivery and my info when I get back from my trip up north to celebrate my 17th wedding anniversary on Monday.
I have very little on my bench right now so I can get to it very quickly. I just need the stock as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts