Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first build up, a Ruger Model 77 in .222 Remington, it is fitted with a Tasco 4-16X40 Scope with flip up lense caps, I have also added a Timney adjustable trigger, Harris bi-pod, and the action has been glass bedded and the barrel free floated and magna ported for increased accuracy.

I hand load Remington brass With 50grain Nosler ballistic tip bullets, using Lee Collet Dies, the projectile is propelled by 21.7grains of BM1 powder.

This has turned a relatively cheap rifle into a sub MOA rifle, this rifle will now produce a one hole three round group at 100 yards, and will hit a cigarette packet at 200-250 yards.

This rifle is devastating on rabbits, hares, foxes, and feral goats out to 250-300yards, and will acount for feral pigs to 150 yards in the Aussie bush.

Currently have a Remington 700 SPS Tactical on lay by for deer hunting.....

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice rifle. My brother has a Ruger 77 in 204 Ruger. It shoots great but after shooting it I can understand why you changed triggers.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, and yes the standard trigger leaves a lot to be desired, the Timney item was easy to install, and made a huge difference to the rifle.

Here are some 100Yard groups I have shot at my local rifle range with the current set up and loads, all groups are 3 shots, keep in mind this is a hunting rifle that mainly gets used in the field, it only goes to the range for sighting in and checking the scope settings once a year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts