Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my SPS Tac almost a year ago and it shoots great. Using FGMM it will consistently shoot sub MOA groups even with my cheap BSA 6x24x44 scope. My problem is that shooting from prone with the Hogue stock gets to be uncomfortable with the low comb height. I've done some research and I'm looking a Bell and Carlson Medalist A2 but I'm wondering if it's worth the money to just spend the extra $300 and buy a McMillan A2 or A3. I hunt a lot with this weapon so it won't just be a paper puncher. Any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Mcmillans are among the best, but from what I know about the pricing once you get the stockthe way you want it add a few more hundred.

Bc are excellent in their own respect and much cheaper, but it's comparing a camaro to a mustang. Both do the job, but the mustang just does it better :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hahaha Mustang? hahahaha No, the B&C is the 370Z of rifle stocks! Go B&C and add that extra money to your scope fund, it's the better stock and it happens to be less money!

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
I'd take the moving brick in that picture any day. Your z is "cute" though :) lol

I looove my b&c but they are not made to your rifles specs the McMillan are. But I went the cheap route. I got the b&c, added a DBM, and bedded/fitted the stock to my action for les than buying a mm adj a3-a5 and I'm happy. You can't go wrong either way

·
Registered
47 Posts
Personally...Id pad the stock UP to get my eye where it needed to be and leave that stock "as is". Spend the $$ on a MUCH better scope...and when you reach the limits of barreled action / scope...THEN go for a different stock. Try a lace on cheek pad for now...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yeah JB, Got all bases covered with those 2! On road and off. They're both awesome at what they do.

Hey Rocket, make sure you add pictures when you swap out that stock. Sounds like your glass is working for now, so no real need to change that yet.

·
Registered
496 Posts
amen for the camaro!!!and i agree with bobk4t .i have both and they are both the top of the line , but i wuold save a few bucks and go with b/c and put the remaining money in upgrading optics.

·
Registered
203 Posts
IM A ....

GUY!

Blown LS3, 600+HP

When I restock my 700P, it will be the Mac stock.

BTW, Mustang guys....ponies are for girls!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for all the input. I went ahead and bought a Blackhawk cheek pad to get me by for the time being and it is a definite improvement. That being said, this weekend I got to shoot a buddy's FN SPR with a Mcmillan A1 on it and also got to shoot a guy's 700 XCR with the B&C tactical. The B&C is a really nice stock and a big step up from my Hogue, but that Mac is something else! A new A2 will be on order in a couple weeks as soon as I get the cash into my toy fund. I saw them at Midway USA, but is there anyplace else I can order one? Say what you want about my cheap scope, but she hasn't let me down yet. It's damn sure not high end, but I haven't had any trouble yet shooting out to 400 yds and then coming back to zero at 100. I'd love to buy new glass, but I'm going to shoot this one until it gives me a legit reason to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Winxp_Man said:
Hey BOBK4T I'm still a Camaro man :D

After that car show???!! Man, WinXP, I had you pegged for a Vette guy. Those were some smokin hot sexy vettes.

Yeah Camaro's are really nice lookin rides too.

·
Registered
277 Posts
desertdog said:
IM A ....

GUY!

Blown LS3, 600+HP

What a smokin hot hunk of 600hp sweetness she is!!! That's a sexy beast!

·
Registered
277 Posts
drpredrocket said:
Thanks guys for all the input. I went ahead and bought a Blackhawk cheek pad to get me by for the time being and it is a definite improvement. That being said, this weekend I got to shoot a buddy's FN SPR with a Mcmillan A1 on it and also got to shoot a guy's 700 XCR with the B&C tactical. The B&C is a really nice stock and a big step up from my Hogue, but that Mac is something else! A new A2 will be on order in a couple weeks as soon as I get the cash into my toy fund. I saw them at Midway USA, but is there anyplace else I can order one? Say what you want about my cheap scope, but she hasn't let me down yet. It's damn sure not high end, but I haven't had any trouble yet shooting out to 400 yds and then coming back to zero at 100. I'd love to buy new glass, but I'm going to shoot this one until it gives me a legit reason to.

Hit up google for the stock, maybe you can find a used one on one of the forums. I will say this about Larry at MidwayUSA - he won't BS you, if he has it he'll tell you. If he doesn't have it, he'll tell you. There is no guessing and there is no waiting around for 2 weeks only to find out the people you ordered from are out of stock. He's worth a few bucks more.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
B0BK4T said:
Winxp_Man said:
Hey BOBK4T I'm still a Camaro man :D

After that car show???!! Man, WinXP, I had you pegged for a Vette guy. Those were some smokin hot sexy vettes.

Yeah Camaro's are really nice lookin rides too.

Dont get me wrong I love Vettes :D but Camaros aren't bad either. A 68-69 SS Camaro is a beauty if restored the right way :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm new to this forum but I wanted to add my 2-cents to this subject. I have a B&C stock on my SPS Tactical and I absolutely love it. The rifle itself, and the stock together make for a pretty good combination. I'm still saving up for a GOOD scope, but I'm shooting pretty dang good with what I have. Once I can figure out how to post a picture, I'll do so. Until then, I have to say that I would go for whatever is comfortable in a stock. If you want a B&C, go for it. I don't think you'll regret it one bit.
As for the rest, Ford and Chevy don't have anything in the world that will compete with the 426 Hemi!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay, I figured out how to post a picture. Here's my rifle with my Bell & Carlson stock on it. The scope isn't the fancy, hi-tech, tactical elite supreme night vision, range finding, infrared, kind that will allow me to count the moles on an insurgents rear, but it works well and I can group like a sonofagun!!

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
jasonbourne, yours is extremely nice too. I saw pictures of what I understand to be yours in another thread and I'm kinda' jealous. All I can say is that mine isn't done yet. It'll be that way before long but it all takes money!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts