Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about to a break from badger. Which size do I need for my PSS/.308?

3/4-28 thread and .875 min bbl dia.

5/8-24 thread and .800 min bbl dia.

3/4-24 thread and .875 min bbl dia.


My bbl dia measures .830
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
cobretr said:
Im about to a break from badger. Which size do I need for my PSS/.308?
3/4-28 thread and .875 min bbl dia.
5/8-24 thread and .800 min bbl dia.
3/4-24 thread and .875 min bbl dia.
My bbl dia measures .830

Nevermind... just realized I only have 1 option there....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
Do you have threads on your barrel ? Cause if you dont then when the threads are put on then your BBL will be 800.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nope no threads. gonna have them cut my a smith if i can find one that will do it in a timely manner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my brake will be here on Friday... Taking it to the smithy on Monday to get the threads cut and should have it back within a week. All for 200$.. 150$ for the brake and 50$for the install.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
The other day I saw a German made break I forgot what its called but it looks really Tacticool, and its not a thread on break. I basically clamps to the barrel they go for 225 shipped here in the states I might get me one. I will post the name of it when I find it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's the look I'm goin for...lol... I'm only 3 green lasers, 2 surefires, an acog, a cheytec ballistic computer away from the complete tacti-cool look! Wish me luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
LOL hahaha

its a few buck but never the less you will eventually get there lol !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Exactly! I appreciate that alot! I should have taken advantage of the time my barrel was in the shop and did my bolt but I got side-tracked getting ready to go to afgan next month. But, its on this weeks to-do-list!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
403 Posts
cobretr said:
Exactly! I appreciate that alot! I should have taken advantage of the time my barrel was in the shop and did my bolt but I got side-tracked getting ready to go to afgan next month. But, its on this weeks to-do-list!
Wow that looks really good and probably will perform well. Would be nice to take that rifle with you on your deployment and see how accurate it is on the bad guys! :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
308isgreat said:
cobretr said:
Exactly! I appreciate that alot! I should have taken advantage of the time my barrel was in the shop and did my bolt but I got side-tracked getting ready to go to afgan next month. But, its on this weeks to-do-list!
Wow that looks really good and probably will perform well. Would be nice to take that rifle with you on your deployment and see how accurate it is on the bad guys!
"God keep my soldier safe in Afghanistan who is defending all of our freedoms we love!"

Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308 & 870 Express Noveske N4 AR-15 Ruger 10/22T
Ruger .357 Blackhawk Ruger .22 single six 3 screw Walther PPK/S Glock 21 .45
I only wish I could!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As promised...range report!

Alright, today it was raining w/ solid 25 mph winds. my target was moving BAD so I was having to time my shots. First let me say that the noise was not bothersome to me or anyone else around me, it was actually very docile to what i was expecting! recoil is on par with a ruger 10/22 with absolutley no muzzle jump. follow up shots are a breeze! I was actually very suprised at how easy it is to be consistent,fast and accurate with my rifle now. truly awesome.
The target below measures 8x8, not the normal 12x12 i usely post. The 1st group i shot was a min high/right and is covered by the text i cant figure out how to move.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top