Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sent my Remy 700 PSS bolt assembly to Badger Ordnance to install one of their bolt knobs. Think most would agree the stock knob is very small at almost the point of grabbing it with two fingers in order to operate. Anyhow sent my assembly out on Saturday the 25th and would you believe I got it back today. Talk about fast turn-a-round and not to mention the workmen ship being outstanding .... I'm one happy individual. I've read here where some are able to accomplish this modification themselves and my hats off to those with that type of expertise. However I personally have neither the expertise or the proper equipment to accomplish this "upgrade". Anyhow one big KUDO for Badger Ordnance they'll remain on my list of excellent companies to do business with. Oh by the way, the whole thing cost less then a "C" note.
:) :) :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow thats cool! Looks like thats where mine is going. Ill be sure to tell them I saw this on the forum here.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
I really like my BO knob its what I want it to be. I'm one of the guys that did the installation by myself :)

They do really help in reloading way faster than the stock little knob. Enjoy that knob now and go shoot :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I truly envy guys like you that can accomplish such tasks. My next mod will be a muzzle brake .... but here we go again, no way I could thread 5/8 X 24 on my Remy. I'm going to have to source some company (maybe BO) can do this type work as well..... I'll have to check it out. Wished they had a good smith in my Tampa Bay area vs. having to ship things out. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the site here and finally picked up my 700P today. I have been reading about this upgrade and I want to get it done. Went to the Badger Ordnance site and couldn't find where they have this service listed (sending them my bolt to install the knob). Do I email them? Thanks for the help in advance.
Tim

·
Registered
203 Posts
Tim On the BO web page there is instructions on how to's. If you look at the PDF for bolt knob plans there is a number there to call if you want them to do it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"DD" is correct in that there is information on phone and address information. I called first and spoke to a gentlemen named (Martin) who basically just said mail it in with $98 big ones with a little note on what you what done (e.g. install BO Bolt knob),. The turnaround time was outstanding as noted earlier and the difference (being able to grab the knob) is like night & day difference. Basically a great modification at little cost. Martin did recommend I put insurance of $450 on the package just in case something is lost and they do the same on the return.... all included in the $98 return shipment. You'll also note they actually have two separate addresses you can mail your bolt knob to ..... I chose the first one listed for Kansas City. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts