Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my Model 700 has a Bell & Carlson stock on it, and I think it shipped from the factory in 2016 with that stock. I'm just trying to figure out what components are in the gun. The previous owner didn't say anything about replacing the stock, and it was advertised as a LR model.

There's no maker's mark on the stock that I can see, but it looks like a B & C "Model 700 BDL M40 Style" and has a one-inch Decelerator recoil pad on it so that seems likely. There's a review on YouTube from 2017 where they buy a brand new 700 Long Range 300 Win Mag (exactly what I have) and say it came out of the box with a B & C stock.

Did Model 700s in 2016 ship from the factory with Bell & Carlson, or any other aftermarket synthetic stocks on them?

If not where do I look to find the manufacturer's mark on my stock?

(It's the lower one, with the stainless barrel; sure looks like what's on the B & C website.) (The upper one has Remington right on the stock, factory synthetic from around 2010)

Air gun Wood Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Administrator
592 Posts
I’m guessing a little here. The usual higher end synthetic stock was advertised as H-S Precision. But this looks like the one mentioned from B&C. Remington was known for special runs and building special models for the big box retailers. I think this is a 700 LR in stainless. Next question is what trigger is in the rifle.

I have a B&C Light Tactical on a 308 that is a great stock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts