Remington 700 Rifle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided to buy a 700, the only problem is I don't know which one I should pick. 90% of the time I will be using this gun for target shooting anywhere from 100-600yds(and maybe someday 1,000yds), the other 10% will be hunting deer and elk. My coworker who is an experienced hunter and target shooter suggested the 7mm mag, but I've read online that there are better calibers for the job. My budget is from $500-$800. Any advice will be appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
jasonbourne said:
Rem 700 Sps tactical aac-sd in 308. 1in10 twist. Threaded barrel to mount a break/can, 20" heavy barrel all for around $550
So where would I be able to find it for that price? I've been looking online and I can't find it cheaper than $722. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
277 Posts
jasonbourne said:
Rem 700 Sps tactical aac-sd in 308. 1in10 twist. Threaded barrel to mount a break/can, 20" heavy barrel all for around $550

+1

I'm with JB - that's the exact setup I would recommend. When in doubt google it. Then you can find a shop with a cheap price. Then you have 2 options:
1. Take that to your local vendor and see if he'll match it, or come close enough
2. Get it from the online guy and have it transfered to your local FFL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
for deer up to the size of elk and larger the 7mm mag is an excellent round. for range and hunting you don't have to get a Tactical model which in itself is a great model. if your looking for a 7mm model 700 a more hunter friendly model is what you should look into. they're more readily available in that caliber. for an inexpensive model i would look at the SPS. here's a nice one in your price range http://www.jetguns.com/7271-p-2292.html i prefer buying from Jet Guns. i have bought from Bud's and they are great but the price on the site of Jet is the ACTUAL price you pay to them. bought an XD45 and my SPS Varmint from them this year.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top